Kia Owners Club Forum banner
281 - 300 of 311 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,215 Posts
But I think we should now give Kia the opportunity to reply formally
Agree, so can we just await their reply, and not derail this thread with further posts on this subject.

While people may feel they have something to add. KCS have all the info they need to look into this matter.

Thank you folks
:)

Reactions: macgd016

·
Super Moderator
6,215 Posts
Just got EUR.14.41.41.657.401.2(D.15) installed today, and it seems to have lost the manual Day/Night mode for the maps. Is this gone for you as well?!
If anyone wants to discuss this please use this thread, which @yurividal started.

Trying to keep this thread on people asking about updates, not discuss issues.

Thank You (y)

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
311 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I have to say that I am very surprised to hear that Kia do not believe that this applies to the UK though as the statement I am referring to came from the Xceed UK brochure I downloaded using the link given me by [email protected], please see below.

Furthermore page 13, also see below, clearly shows that that this is the Kia UK brochure.

View attachment 11574

View attachment 11575
Hello KCS, given that you made a firm statement a week ago that KIA in the UK do not offer the service that I have shown they advertise in their UK brochure I had hoped to have had some form of statement from yourselves even if it was an interim one, so I wonder if you could please let me know when you believe that you will have a response. If you do not want to make a public statement at this time you can contact me with a PM.

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
311 Posts
Agree, so can we just await their reply, and not derail this thread with further posts on this subject.

While people may feel they have something to add. KCS have all the info they need to look into this matter.

Thank you folks
:)
For those who are following this subject I have received a response by PM from KCS, I will not publish it in full here as I'm sure they will do so if they want to but I have found their response completely unacceptable and will be taking the matter further with Kia

·
Registered
83 Posts
If I were to install say the AUS update using the official free updater, would I still get the UK maps with it?

·
Super Moderator
6,215 Posts
If I were to install say the AUS update using the official free updater, would I still get the UK maps with it?
No...
It is region specific. So you only get maps for that area.

Reactions: fenegroni

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
311 Posts
For those who are following this subject I have received a response by PM from KCS, I will not publish it in full here as I'm sure they will do so if they want to but I have found their response completely unacceptable and will be taking the matter further with Kia
Just a quick update for those interested in this, I wrote to Chris Lear the director responsible for After Sales and rather predictably it was intercepted by KCS. I have had two, very curt, replies from KCS telling me that KIA's pledge "As part of our extensive quality promise, all new Kia vehicles fitted with an LG navigation device are entitled to 6 free annual map updates at the service point" in their UK brochures was an error and "We have updated the brochure for our UK customers to avoid potential confusion in the market and will not be looking to take any further action at this time".

Essentially this tells us that KIA's pledge to provide free map updates on ALL Kia cars with LG head units does not apply to the UK and they will not honour this for the owners who bought their cars based on the information provided in the Kia UK specific brochure.

Not a great endorsement for a trusted brand which I have pointed out to Paul Philpott (CEO), hopefully I will eventually get past the KCS gatekeepers but until then I predict we will continue to receive more of these commercially unaware responses. 🤣

·
Registered
94 Posts
Not a great result at all. I was impressed when I read about the free updates in the Sorento brochure and genuinely thought that this was Kia accepting that map updates were an integral element of a car's functionality and were updating for free as a result.

To be told that, 'sorry, didn't mean to say that, oh well, bad luck consumer,' is pretty shoddy. I am not usually someone who would complain about something like this, but when they used the information prominently in their brochures both printed and online, then they really should have stood by it.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I am not usually someone who would complain about something like this, but when they used the information prominently in their brochures both printed and online, then they really should have stood by it.
If KIA has infringed the UK advertising standards regulations, then the company should be reported to the ASA with a view to prosecution.

This link might be the first step in expressing dissatisfaction with KIA: Make a complaint

·
Registered
634 Posts
Just a quick update for those interested in this, I wrote to Chris Lear the director responsible for After Sales and rather predictably it was intercepted by KCS. I have had two, very curt, replies from KCS telling me that KIA's pledge "As part of our extensive quality promise, all new Kia vehicles fitted with an LG navigation device are entitled to 6 free annual map updates at the service point" in their UK brochures was an error and "We have updated the brochure for our UK customers to avoid potential confusion in the market and will not be looking to take any further action at this time".

Essentially this tells us that KIA's pledge to provide free map updates on ALL Kia cars with LG head units does not apply to the UK and they will not honour this for the owners who bought their cars based on the information provided in the Kia UK specific brochure.

Not a great endorsement for a trusted brand which I have pointed out to Paul Philpott (CEO), hopefully I will eventually get past the KCS gatekeepers but until then I predict we will continue to receive more of these commercially unaware responses. 🤣
If this is such a big thing for you then tell them that this was one of the main reasons you brought the car and if they can not provide you with this service you know no longer want this car has it's not as described.

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
311 Posts
If KIA has infringed the UK advertising standards regulations, then the company should be reported to the ASA with a view to prosecution.

This link might be the first step in expressing dissatisfaction with KIA: Make a complaint
You are quite right and I have a claim form filled in and ready to go on my desk top but I just feel that if I can actually contact a Kia director rather than KCS they will understand the magnitude of the issue and respond in a professional way.

I have a couple of other avenues to follow yet but if they all draw a blank I will send off my complaint

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
311 Posts
If this is such a big thing for you then tell them that this was one of the main reasons you brought the car and if they can not provide you with this service you know no longer want this car has it's not as described.
That's a reasonable point but I would be caught between a brick and a hard place, the advertising is produced by Kia who sell cars to dealers, my contract is with the dealer who will rightly point the finger of blame at Kia.

This issue is entirely of Kia's making and its up to them to resolve it, I still feel that once someone in authority is made aware of the issue it will be sorted, its just not in Kia's interests to do otherwise.

·
Registered
251 Posts
If Kia won't engage with the issue then try contacting the motoring press to see if they're interested. I suspect they will be.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If you can actually get contact with a company director you will be doing well, KCS are there for a reason and this reason is why you get intercepted by them, they have a job to do in protecting the directors from such matters as this and they are doing it well by the sounds of it.

What kind of a response are you hoping for if you ever did get contact with a company director? in my experience it would always be unsatisfactorily sorted out by the likes of KCS and theirs would generally be a meaningless reply to a problem and then they close the case!

I had a similar problem with Peugeot hence the reason why i changed brand, my case went as far up the management tree as was allowed and as always it never got past the Customer Care office, which was so big i never actually got to speak to the same person twice, with having to repeat yourself to someone new every time you contacted them i think it was a tactic designed to wear you down!! in a nutshell, i bought a brand new car and after taking delivery i noticed paintwork errors, basically when you looked at it closely it looked like a skating rink with swirl marks, with the dealer blaming Peugeot for shoddy paintwork and Peugeot blaming the dealer for what was described as poor POI, turns out the car has to undergo a full valet inside and outside before hand over by the dealership, they have a contract with the local "blue elephant" drive through car wash which is supposedly only used for the second hand vehicles!! and the young valeter had taken our car down and went through this car wash, so it was the dealer who was responsible, and not Peugeot, who ultimately advised me to reject the car at the dealership and even though the letter was written and delivered, it was the dealer principal who had to ok the rejection, you know what, he was never around they kept me on this "we didnt do it" and "its not our fault" scenario right up to the last day that i could actually reject it, then the senior salesman wrote to me telling me i cannot reject the car as there is an ongoing unresolved issue with the car!!
I never acually got to speak to either the CEO of Peugeot or the Dealer Principal of the dealership, always the customer care!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
What kind of a response are you hoping for if you ever did get contact with a company director? in my experience it would always be the unsatisfactorily sorted out by the likes of KCS and theirs would generally be a meaningless reply to a problem and then they close the case!
On three occasions I have been so annoyed with the usual Customer Care responses that I have written directly to Managing Directors. On all occasions my letters received a priority response and the matters were satisfactorily resolved in a timely manner. On one occasion I even received an after hours phone call from the man himself thanking me for bringing the matter to his attention, giving me his PAs telephone number if a follow up was necessary, and that he was disturbed I had to resort to direct communications - I suspect someone in Customer Care of that company got an earful.

So it can cause results and is worth trying if you have clear facts and evidence to put before the Head Honcho - but don't waste their time with emotions and trivia!.

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
311 Posts
If you can actually get contact with a company director you will be doing well, KCS are there for a reason and this reason is why you get intercepted by them, they have a job to do in protecting the directors from such matters as this and they are doing it well by the sounds of it.

What kind of a response are you hoping for if you ever did get contact with a company director? in my experience it would always be unsatisfactorily sorted out by the likes of KCS and theirs would generally be a meaningless reply to a problem and then they close the case!
You are quite right KCS are doing their job and this does seem to be a particular trait of car companies, with most other companies whose CS tell me 'the computer says no' I generally manage to get through to other companies by writing to the CEO in the full expectation that their PA will intercept it, but being a 'grown up' they will recognises the seriousness of the issue and are able to direct the matter to someone in the organisation who has the authority to do something about it. Its not rocket science and helps preserve customer satisfaction and customer retention where as car companies seem hell bent on frustrating customers who have legitimate issues.

As for what I want Paul Philpott to do about it, issue an apology to those effected and make good on the pledge made in their advertising, its not hard and could be turned into some excellent press coverage rather than the negative brand damaging that they might get if they continue to dig their heals in.

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
311 Posts
On three occasions I have been so annoyed with the usual Customer Care responses that I have written directly to Managing Directors. On all occasions my letters received a priority response and the matters were satisfactorily resolved in a timely manner. On one occasion I even received an after hours phone call from the man himself thanking me for bringing the matter to his attention, giving me his PAs telephone number if a follow up was necessary, and that he was disturbed I had to resort to direct communications - I suspect someone in Customer Care of that company got an earful.

So it can cause results and is worth trying if you have clear facts and evidence to put before the Head Honcho - but don't waste their time with emotions and trivia!.
As said above I have only ever had issues getting to CEO's PA's when dealing with car companies, normally communication is as you describe, quick ,easy and customer retaining. I also agree its important to write a factual non emotional email which I always do, in this case its super simple, Kia made a written promise to new customers, KCS say this was a mistake and will not honour the pledge Kia made, why not?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hear whats been said about the cost involved but just to give some factual detail in support of my displeasure at KIA’s increased charge, in the case of the most recent update, with the files properly downloaded, prepared and copied to an SD card, it took precisely 11 minutes from installing the new card, ignition on and pressing the screen prompt to start copying the new SW/FW and latest (then) mapping till completion.

There was no need to start the engine. Four cockles for that? Not VFM, I’m afraid
Hi there I have been trying to find how to do this update and gone round in circles (my Renault Kadjar is so simple). Can you give me some pointers on doing this update on my 2021 Kia Niro Hybrid. Many thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,215 Posts
Hi there I have been trying to find how to do this update and gone round in circles (my Renault Kadjar is so simple). Can you give me some pointers on doing this update on my 2021 Kia Niro Hybrid. Many thanks
You take it to the dealer & they do it for you. That is the current official stance. Until OTA updates start. That is if you system can take them.

Reactions: fenegroni

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
311 Posts
KCS have successfully stone walled all my attempts to raise this issue with Kia management, I have emailed a number of Kia directors but all are picked up by KCS.

Just to recap the issue I have been progressing is specific to the advertised 6 free annual map updates that was made in the 2021 UK Xceed brochure (plus one other model)

I am happy for KCS to correct me here but essentially Kia have said:

The 2021 Xceed brochure did contain the pledge to provide free map updates as detailed in #278

This pledge was a mistake and not intended for the UK market

Kia have now removed this pledge from the UK brochure

Kia will not honour the free map update pledge for those who bought their cars after reading the brochure containing this pledge

It is unclear to me whether this position has been determined by KCS or by Kia management but I hope the former because to renege on a written promise to its customers would be very worrying indeed. This particular guarantee is of only a small monetary value but what Kia are saying is that they feel it's fine for them to renege on any statement in their brochures, so they could for instance just drop their 7 year warranty any time they choose, I just find it astonishing that that they are handling this so badly.

281 - 300 of 311 Posts