Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Super Moderator
Can't understand why they'd charge if they take the wheels off to properly examine the wheels, calipers and pads anyway....... :unsure:
I guess it depends on the dealer. I know the one I use do as I had a video from them showing all 4 wheels off. But as Vengablue said. I bet many do not on services, as they will be able to see all they need from under the car on the ramps.
Never asked them to rotate wheels (swop front to back) for me. So do not know if they would charge.

Registered
I鈥檝e never rotated tyres before. However, I got a bit worried after reading that with AWD you need to otherwise you can damage the system due to uneven tyre wear. Others on here have said that it鈥檚 not an issue whereas others agree it could be so still not entirely sure myself what best thing to do is but tyre rotation is a good way of ensuring all tyres wear evenly.
God not this again....!
You CAN NOT & WILL NOT damage the AWD system by running tyres with different tread depths.

Registered
The manual advises tyre rotation because it's good practise. Dealer will tell you it's required because it's more work for them and more 拢拢拢 toward their targets.
IF this was such a problem this forum and the facebook page would be FULL of people complaining about diff failure. And how many instances have there been? Zero.
Really. Zero. Well not a single case that I have seen and I've been diligently reading the forums and facebook pages the entirety of my ownership.

So are you telling me that's because EVERY owner is rotating their tyres every 6000 miles? Or is it maybe, just perhaps... because the system is actually designed to deal with differences in tyre depths. FFS if it wasn't you'd never be able go uphill or round corners. You'd have to drive on roads as flat as snooker tables for fear of your diff exploding every time you go over a lump in the road....

Registered
We have been here before and there is absolutely no point in further discussion.

Registered
Exactly - so stop scaremongering about tyre rotation. Totally unnecessary and will not lead to diff failure.

Registered
2017 GT Line S 1.6 Petrol AWD
I don't really want to add to this but:-
This was on facebook a couple of months back, although I must say, it's the only time I've seen this issue:-

"Hi guys
Just had 2 new tyres out on at Kia I have 2012 awd version. Since picking it up it鈥檚 driving like a bag of crap shuddering and knocking coming from the back end it almost feels like you are driving over cat eyes when accelerating or going round a corner.
Any ideas ? It鈥檚 going back to Kia 锟糱ut they didn鈥檛 seem very concerned over the phone !
Thanks in advance"

Result was:-
"turned out to be the rear tyres being half worn and the Front brand new throwing out the 4 wheel drive. surprised it鈥檚 that sensitive but now working fine although had to pay for 4 new tyres"

Registered
Exactly - so stop scaremongering about tyre rotation. Totally unnecessary and will not lead to diff failure.
I was not scaremongering, I was pointing out that tyres should be rotated.

You were the only poster to mention diff failure on this thread.

Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
I like to have the tyres rotated to even out the tyre wear, and because the handbook recommends it. No other reason.
I've just booked my car in for it's first service, asked them if they would rotate the tyres and they said no worries, they take the wheels off the car to do the inspection, so they are happy to rotate them. How much? No extra cost.

Super Moderator
We are not going to debate the same again.

Kia advise rotation.
If it causes any damage is open to debate. But that is not the point of this thread.
So time to put to bed. Closed.

Reactions: Daveyboy123
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.