Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My year old Kia Sportage Titan needs two new tyres, have had a quick look around but confused as to which tyres to go for. There seems so many different types now a days, so any advice would be welcome.

Roy

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi i purchased two off the website black circles...,the car a 2008 crdi xs had only covered about 12,000 miles so i wasnt that impressed with the tyres that were fitted from new so i tried two of the budget range they were fitted locally a brand called nexen 235,60.16,100h thats the same spec as the tyres that were on there i dont notice any increase in road noise or any decrease in braking,so much so that i ordered another two three months later,i should add that i paid £128 fitted for two .h.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had 4 Nankang's on mine, they were crap in the recent cold spell and worse if any rain fell.

So I ordered and got fitted 2 x Uniroyal 550 (235/60 16) and so far I am highly impressed , very quiet, great grip in the dry, even better in the wet.

·
Registered
682 Posts
This subject is so much a personel thing! this year I have invested in a set of winter tyres, after advise from my brother in Canada.
I am now seeing that was dam good advise this year after the weather we have been having, this week I thought I had a slow punture on one of my tyres until I got out the car and fell over, the road was covered in black ice.

I am confinced.

Normal tyres you may have to try a few or take advise?

Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a set of 4 Yokohama Geolander AT/s tyres on my 55 sportage crdi - they're really good in deep snow and mudbut maybe a bit noisy on the black tarmac. Not done too many miles on them but MPG doesn't look too bad so far ...... handling is fine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice, I spoken a number of tyre suppliers in my area and it appears that kumho tyres that came with the car from new were good tyres. So had two fitted for £230.However, it appears that my trackingwas out so had that down as well. But they were unable to resolve a camber adjustment on the back tyres. So have been advised to take car back to dealer to resolve, will back when I have some news.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

1 - 6 of 6 Posts