Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, Relatively new to this!Can I ask, for those of us that drive in a fashion that makes us appear we want to get to where we're going in the samecalendaryear, roughly how many miles are you getting from your front tyres? I'm running a set of mid-range budget tyres, and seem to be going through them awfully fast. Had the alignment done last service, so doubt this is the cause.
Cheers Guys!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I have an 08 Titan one new tyre at 11,000 miles and the other three are 3 and 4 mm left, I had my cars tracking Laser checked by an independent garage as my KIA main dealer told me the trye wear was as expected for this model, it required minor adjustment since then the tyre wear has reduced, but it is the rear nearside which shows greater wear. I also only get 27 mpg over the last 14,000 miles this does inlcude caravan towing but the best ever achived on a long single trip was 34mpg. Not very impressed with my car.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Titan Caravaner said:
Hi I have an 08 Titan one new tyre at 11,000 miles and the other three are 3 and 4 mm left, I had my cars tracking Laser checked by an independent garage as my KIA main dealer told me the trye wear was as expected for this model, it required minor adjustment since then the tyre wear has reduced, but it is the rear nearside which shows greater wear. I also only get 27 mpg over the last 14,000 miles this does inlcude caravan towing but the best ever achived on a long single trip was 34mpg. Not very impressed with my car.

I've only done 2000 miles on my Sportage so it's too early to comment on tyre wear. I did have a Carens CRDi previously and changed the set at 24, 000 miles (same engine & gearbox as the Sportage) - I hadn't rotated the tyres and the front had about 3 mm left and the rear had 4.....had winter not been on its way I could probably have squeezed 28, 000 from the set. I don't expect the Sportage to be quite so 'good' as it is a bit heavier.

Regarding fuel consumption I'm achieving 39 MPG so far over the 2000 miles. This has been with a mixture of long & short journeys and also some towing. I'm happy with this. Is your Titan petrol or diesel?
Edited by: Blow-in

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the fact I'm well on my way to needing a third set at 35,000 is probably a bad thing? What brand of tyres do you use?And as for mpg, I get between 33-38 depending on driving style!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys,
I rotate my tyres every 6 months front to back when I change the engine oil. 50,000 miles now. First set 30K latest set not even half worn yet and these are budget tyres as well. It could be of course that my car is automatic, diesel and only 112 BHP!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Thanks for the interest, my car is Diesel and currently on the original Continental tyres but looking to find a cheaper option and with a longer life as the Continentals are not high milers. My style of driving is usually within speed limits these days. As for fuel consumption my car has never been good, from Day one it had a type of misfire which took Kia three months to resolve. Currently still awaiting the feedback about a EML misfunction back in March.

·
Registered
199 Posts
< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">
<title></title>
< name="GENERATOR" ="Office.org 3.2 Unix">
< ="text/">

Hi I have 2wd XE diesel
on a 58 plate and it has done 16000 miles. I had my cars tracking
Laser checked by an independent garage at 12000 miles and 3 of
the 4 wheels needed adjustment. n/s rear is now down to 3mm outside
to 5mm inside edge. Fronts have 4 to 5 mm on them. My car is doing 41mpg
on mixed driving.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So it's pretty much my driving style and the extra weight or the 4 wheel drive system then!What brand of tyres are you running Chris?

·
Registered
199 Posts
< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">
<title></title>
< ="text/">

MikeI have the tyres the
car came with new. Hankook Optimo K406 215/65R16H . When I replace I will
try some Falken LA-AT T110 tyres. I am told they are very good.
Anyone know anything about the Falkens?Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have to say, about 8 months after buying mine I had it checked, and one wheel was out by a hell of a long way, needed a new tyre after only a few thousand miles, is this a common prob with the Sportage? Should I be spending £35 to get it checked again ?

·
Registered
199 Posts
< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">
<title></title>
< ="text/">

am told that once you
get past 205 section tyres that uneven wear is a common problem and
to keep uneven wear down you have to keep your eye on the tracking
and get it fixed as soon as it goes out. This not just a Kia problem
it happens to all big cars with independent rear suspension. If we
had sorento's we would not have the problem at the back

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2009 Titan and the factory fit tyres lasted for 15k miles. Have recently fitted Falken STZ01, wearing nicely after 4k miles. A good looking directional tyre that was approx £93 per corner fitted compared to £150+ for other available brands.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a 09 2.0l Crdi 2wd,just covered 9000 miles & the outside edge of the tyres on the nearside of the car, are the most worn. More so the rear so suspect the alignment is probably toeing in too much!
On the fuel side she is doing about 38-40 mpg.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts