Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 SPORTAGE CRDI 4 ISG

I've done only 16000 miles and front tyres are down to 1mm! Tyres are Hankook, Rears are not great either. New tyres are on order.

Surely they should last longer than 16k? I've seen other posts talking of 30k plus.

Any thoughts? Lease is up in a few months I'm wondering about getting another.

Cheers

Rob HS9 5UW

Super Moderator
Heavy car. Not bad mileage from other posts.

It can also depend on the roads you drive on. Round here main roads are very smooth (good for tyre wear) but go on the smaller roads & you get a lot of surface dressed roads (bad for tyre wear). Got some corners where they have laid the shell grip stuff... Great for grip on a bike just don't get your knee down :oops:. But killers when you throw the car round the same bend. Far too much grip.

Registered
2017 2.0 Diesel AWD KX3
I'm at 27.500 on the original Hankooks on my 17 2.0 Ltr AWD. Still a bit left in them. Don't do many miles these days and thats mainly commuting. Save the 'hooning' for the motorbike. :devilish:

Registered
As iooi posted - road surface condition and the sheer amount of corners/bends can have a huge effect on tyre wear.
Also of course driving style and any loads carried etc etc.

Registered
2017 Sportage GT Line S - 1.6T DCT
There's such an echo with these posts... people buy heavy SUVs and wonder why they're....
  • heavy on fuel consumption
  • wear their tyres quickly

If you actually Need an SUV then all good & well but you have to accept the running costs - as well as the costs to the environment....

Registered
Sportage 2017 (67) 1.7 crdi manual
There's such an echo with these posts... people buy heavy SUVs and wonder why they're....
  • heavy on fuel consumption
  • wear their tyres quickly

If you actually Need an SUV then all good & well but you have to accept the running costs - as well as the costs to the environment....
50+ mpg average and 31k miles on A set of tyres is better than smaller cars I've had.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.