Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I'm the only one bothered by the tyre pressure sensors but i find that i have to put air in one tyre atleast once a week just to get rid of the stupid yellow exclamation mark. Tyres arent flat and most of the time when i put air in i find that it only needs to go up by 1 psi. Does my head in.

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Sounds like a faulty wheel sensor to me as my understanding was that it took a 5-10 psi drop to activate it.Providing there is no evidence of external damage eg kerbing it should be a warranty thing.
May be worth raising on the Kia Customer Forum the see what their comment is?!

Much prefer my wife's passive system on her VW Scirocco which uses the ABS system and can be reset at the press of a button!

·
Registered
91 Posts
If one tyre is constantly losing pressure you might want to look really closely at the tyre for a foreign object embedded in the tread causing a small leak?

In my neck of the woods the farmers are busy flailing back the hawthorn hedges on field boundaries thereby spreading thorns etc across the roads. Pick a thorn up and you'll have to look very hard to spot it.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Hishaun,

I get that on my GT, not every week but perhaps once a month, it is usually only 1 psi out and on different wheels, not the same one. It is annoying as I check the tyre I think it may be and it isn't, should start with the one I usually look at last

At least some of the newer cars coming from KIA now show pressures on each wheel on the display, so you don't have to guess not just a random yellow tyre symbol.

Cheers

Phil

·
Registered
106 Posts
Agreed with above! Picanto picked up a thorn, tyre lost minimal pressure (1 or 2psi) and TPMS picked it up. It was annoying...

Bones

1 - 7 of 7 Posts