Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XT has the 255/18 tyres and I have them at 35psi, but the ride when towing is very hard.I am wondering if anyone has the same problem and how you overcame it.
I don't want to run with the pressures lower than the recomended due to uneven tyre ware, but it needs sorting

·
Registered
101 Posts
i have 35 psi all around too and finding the ride very hard, tires are 245/70/r16.

being at my tire place to sort out a slow puncher he asked me at what psi i have the tires. when i told him according kia they should all be on 35 psi, he was a bitsurprised.

experimenting now with 33 psi and will report back.

·
Registered
101 Posts
33 is better imho

reading the us / ca owners manuals kia state 30 psi on the same tires 245/70/r16

very confusing, sure they have the 3.5 petrol engine but still

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bitman..My tyres are Goodyear Wranglers 255 x 18" x 70 all about 6mm treads.
I was told but my local tyre supplier(Bathwick)that these tyres are of a 'hard' compound but will last forever, the downside is a 'firm ride'
I am planning to dump them as soon as funds allow, and am looking for a 'sorter' compound tyre to improve the ride quality.
I will go back to Bathwick for their advice on which type to put on the car.

·
Registered
101 Posts
marting said:
Bitman..My tyres are Goodyear Wranglers 255 x 18" x 70 all about 6mm treads.
I was told but my local tyre supplier(Bathwick)that these tyres are of a 'hard' compound but will last forever, the downside is a 'firm ride'
I am planning to dump them as soon as funds allow, and am looking for a 'sorter' compound tyre to improve the ride quality.
I will go back to Bathwick for their advice on which type to put on the car.

i see, you have 18" wheels instead 16" wheels i have. this will give indeed a more firm ride as more low profile tires then the ones i have.

my tires (245/70/r16) are a mix of michelins on the front axle and matadors on the rear axle hence i have pulled the 20amp tod fuse no 13. these tires were fitted by her previous owner and still have about 4mm tread. as soon as i have to replace them i will buy 4 new tires, probably kumho or may be bridgestones

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bitman / Paddywagon05
Thanks for your input on this I will post something when I have an update.
Paddywagon05... thanks for the photes,'very interesting',
where did the rear rudflaps come from???
I would be interested in some of thoughs for mine, they would go well with the chrome side bars.
Marting

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I bet the car behind gets dazzled at night with them shiny flaps. They are very nice Taff.
You'll be taking orders for some then

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Paddywagon
Very good job, I will put my fealers out to get the required parts and make a copy for my XT, keep you posted.
thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
paddywagon05 Thanks I have now made my mudflapes and very succesful they are.
Made out of that furry stuff you see on the trucks with steel angle brackets very simular to yours. thanks again for the idea.marting

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Bitman
I have made my own now from the stuff you see on trucks the brush stuff with some sheet steel bent into the brackets, look simular to yours.
Thanks for the idea, saves my caravan getting all dirty now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts