Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to tow my 23ft caravan tommorow on holiday, only about 70 or so miles.

What tyre pressure would anyone suggest?

I thought 41psi all round, cannot find any advice anywhere re this so any suggestions would be great.

Cheers.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Handbook says 36 psi all round but says nothing about higher pressure for fully laden or towing so when towing the caravan I use 36.

Have a good holiday.
(and when you get back tell us aaallll about it).

·
Registered
192 Posts
id leave it at 36 then have a look once you hitch up and if it needs it put a couple of ibs in the back ones.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Don't forget, if you're going abroad you need to put in kg/sq cm. Metric air can be found anywhere abroad but is difficult to find in the UK. And remember to change it back to Imperial air as you come home.
There's a strict limit on the amount of metric air you're allowed to import so deflate your tyres before you board the ferry and re inflate using an Imperial foot pump when you get onto British soil.

Not a lot of people know this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Glad this was brought up I checked ours today and too my shock the back tyres had 50 psi
what on earth were they thinking putting that sort of pressure in them ????????????? dropped all the tyres to 36 psi thats about right I would say

·
Registered
192 Posts
and they charge you tax on metric air so let all your tyres down and push your car over the channel .[a lot of
comics on here.]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I put 41psi all round, and it towed brilliant !!!!! Much much better than my old merc I used to tow with, and sooooooooooooooo much more power.

Happy Bunny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts