Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a 2021 Proceed GT-Line (the basic model Proceed) does the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System use the sensors in the tyres or just rely on the older system of measurements of diameter/speed of rotation etc. I ask as I can’t find anyway of displaying the tyre pressures on the lcd display so wonder if the actual pressures are not being recorded.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Proceed CD GT Line 1.4 T GDI
107 Posts
The 2019 Proceed GT Line (Ireland) uses the TPMS system. I'd find it strange that the 2021 (UK) version would not carry this over.
The TPMS info can be seen on the LCD screen (central screen in front of driver) on the 2019 version (Analogue speedo/tacho).
Use Button 1 (MODE) on the steering wheel to change/cycle through options.
Not sure if your model is the fully LCD drivers cockpit.
Font Screenshot Automotive tire Motor vehicle Brand

Motor vehicle Font Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your reply. As far as I’m aware I have the full LCD display. I’ve used the Mode button and then up and down to scroll through all the menus but can’t find Tyre Pressures anywhere. May have to pop back to dealer.

·
Registered
956 Posts
That's how my 67 plate GT looks. There's nothing in the menus, it flags which wheel is the problem, next to the clock but you wouldn't notice without the dash warning. The only way to turn the light off on mine is to reinflate, and normally over-inflate.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Thank you for your reply. As far as I’m aware I have the full LCD display. I’ve used the Mode button and then up and down to scroll through all the menus but can’t find Tyre Pressures anywhere. May have to pop back to dealer.
I have the digi display and as above, there is nothing in the menus. I inflate to recommended pressure plus 3psi to reset the warning, then level them all back to 1psi under recommended. That sorts mine.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Do you have Tpms valves that look like this?
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Rim Automotive design

Car Vehicle Automotive design Speedometer Personal luxury car

Pressing the Mode Button until it shows the car/lane (drive), it displays the TPMS setting, but you need to travel a short distance until it works out the pressures.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My rather dirty valves
other than the valve caps they look identical to mine. Perhaps the software on your 2021 model is different then?
I've asked your question on a FB page that I am a member of.
Hopefully someone on there with a 2021 version can help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you have Tpms valves that look like this?
View attachment 13465
View attachment 13466
Pressing the Mode Button until it shows the car/lane (drive), it displays the TPMS setting, but you need to travel a short distance until it works out the pressures.

That may well be the problem. These are my valves so I guess they aren’t TPMS ones
Automotive tire Light Bumper Automotive exhaust Rim

·
Registered
107 Posts
Doesn’t look as though I have TPMS valves.
No, it doesn't those just look like the regular butyl/rubber covered type.
The TPMS valve stems fitted to Kia (and Hyundai) generally look like this.
Camera accessory Automotive tire Auto part Font Cylinder

The whole sensor within the wheel like this.
Camera accessory Camera lens Cameras & optics Reflex camera Digital SLR

Some may also look like this, but the valve stem on this doesn't look 100% the same as yours.
There seems to be so many variations in spec/kit supplied between models.
Camera accessory Window Audio equipment Cable Tool

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, it doesn't those just look like the regular butyl/rubber covered type.
The TPMS valve stems fitted to Kia (and Hyundai) generally look like this.
View attachment 13469
The whole sensor within the wheel like this.
View attachment 13470

Some may also look like this, but the valve stem on this doesn't look 100% the same as yours.
There seems to be so many variations in spec/kit supplied between models.
View attachment 13471
Thanks for the information. I’m pretty certain mine are just regular valves and that’s why I can’t get the tyre pressures to come up on the screen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts