Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new kia ceed 's' in july of this year and so far so good , i only use the car for work and back plus shopping etc so my mileage is well below 6000 per year .
Today i purchased a digital car tyre inflator in case of emergencies and just tried it out to get familiar with it .I know that according to the recommended pressure chart mounted on the inside of the drivers door frame that the pressure should be 32 p.s.i. ,well all my tyres were reading between 45/46 p.s.i. . although i appreciate the probable variation between my digital gauge and one at a garage i am sure it will not be 13/14 p.s.i..The car inflator i bought has very good reviews from independant sources and did say there may be 'slight variations'.At this moment in time i am a bit perplexed as what to do ,should i deflate these tyres at a garage to 32 p.s.i.(the drive seems o.k. car handles fine etc) or should i consult the dealer? is it dangerous ? how could it happened or have i got the recommended pressures correct

·
Registered
49 Posts
Check your presures with a second guage just to be sure. If you get the same answer then deflate them to 32 and give the garage a few choice words. Having said that, you really should have checked them between July and now! When cars are built, the tyres are pumped to around 50 psi. Firstly, that seats the tyres properly onto the rims. Secondly, the tyres will tend to develop a flat spot if theytake the weight of the car in one place for several months in storage unless they are over pressurised.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts