Kia Owners Club Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Breakdown cover is pretty cheap to get nowadays and in the event of a breakdown/puncture will get you home or to your destination or garage/tyre fitter,also this appears to be a pretty male opinion of changing a wheel in situ but NOT wanting to sound sexist can’t imagine many woman finding the filling with the tyre with gunk a choice let alone fitting a spare and will quite rightly be on the phone .the last time I had a puncture it was on a motorway and on the off side wheel (first in 10 years ) and in under an hour tow truck arrived.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tales of people waiting for hours for a breakdown truck to arrive... This isn't being a macho tough guy, it's about not being stuck in a perilous position until Mr AA finishes his tea break and gets his truck to you. At which point, in the absence of any sort of spare wheel, you will then be taken to god-knows where at 11pm, only to then wait another 9 hours until Kwik-Fit opens and you can finally get a new tyre.

Bugger that. 15 minutes with a jack and wheel brace, and I'm driving away and will pick up a new tyre when I'm able to. I'm happy enough with a space saver, but I will never, ever be happy with a can of goop and some CO2 canisters or a pump.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Breakdown cover is pretty cheap to get nowadays and in the event of a breakdown/puncture will get you home or to your destination or garage/tyre fitter,also this appears to be a pretty male opinion of changing a wheel in situ but NOT wanting to sound sexist can’t imagine many woman finding the filling with the tyre with gunk a choice let alone fitting a spare and will quite rightly be on the phone .the last time I had a puncture it was on a motorway and on the off side wheel (first in 10 years ) and in under an hour tow truck arrived.
I know for a fact that a male alone in a car can get bumped down the list, it's not a simple first come first served. The AA confirmed that. If it's bad weather or late at night/early morning, you can be reprioritised a number of times. Not that I disagree, a mother and child is higher priority. Its just another reason to sort the problem yourself and not trust the AA's claimed response times.

·
Super Moderator
2,448 Posts
Just had a reply from KCS.
we've confirmed all variants have the tyre mobility kit. A spare would need to to be purchased as an accessory. Our spec sheets are being amended.
Shame.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi
Just picked up my petrol GT Line S at weekend and i assumed i would get a space saver spare wheel but have been told " not any more" so assuming this is correct has anyone purchased one and were from ?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hi
Just picked up my petrol GT Line S at weekend and i assumed i would get a space saver spare wheel but have been told " not any more" so assuming this is correct has anyone purchased one and were from ?
Hi
Have a full sized 19inch Spare in my 16t Gt Line S and it fits fine. More money but better than a pancake space saver (y)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hi
I have no idea how good they are, but this firm does Spare Wheel Kits for the Sportage. You will also find any number of them on Ebay.

·
Registered
525 Posts
That is good to hear! Guess what I'll be buying before my trip to the highlands?
I don't like to disappoint, but non of the 2020 Sportage's have a spare wheel. Iooi and I had a discussion on this matter recently and Kia confirmed that all Sportage's now have Tyre Repair Kits. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
178 Posts
While non of the 2020 Sportages have a spare wheel as part of the specification, as far as I am aware you can still order a spare wheel kit (rim. jack,.tools etc) plus tyre as an accessory. Or you can get a suitable spare non-Kia from one of several sources on a well known auction site.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
If you have one of the 48v models the battery under the floor in the boot is so large there is no space for a space saver spare wheel never mind a full size one. If you want a spare it will have to sit above in the luggage area.

·
Super Moderator
2,448 Posts
I don't like to disappoint, but non of the 2020 Sportage's have a spare wheel. Iooi and I had a discussion on this matter recently and Kia confirmed that all Sportage's now have Tyre Repair Kits. :rolleyes:
But have noticed that they still have not updated the specs PDF as it still shows
> Temporary Spare Wheel - 1.6 T-GDi and 1.6 CRDi only <<
But if you are lucky? you may end up with a MY19 version ;( which does. Or at least the one's I viewed in dealers showroom did have one except for the Mild Hybrid version.

·
Registered
525 Posts
But have noticed that they still have not updated the specs PDF as it still shows

But if you are lucky? you may end up with a MY19 version ;( which does. Or at least the one's I viewed in dealers showroom did have one except for the Mild Hybrid version.
Iooi you had better get one while they are still available ;) ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
When I picked my 69 plate 1.6T GDI AWD Gt Line up last year I expected a tire repair kit and got a spare instead lol Last few cars have had those repair kits and touch wood I have never had to use one.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
This is what the battery pack in the Sportage looks like.

·
Super Moderator
2,448 Posts
You can see why there is no spare. Even if it did fit in the gap, its going to be right up against the battery and resultant heat.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
The wheel well has also been removed to accommodate the Adblue tank underneath.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts