Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a Kia Ceed 1.6 2014 reg. I had a front tyre (alloy) making a tinny whirring noise and the tyre losing pressure. Eventually this stopped after the brakes were replaced (and after 6 visits to Parks Kia) but a year later I'm still getting low tyre pressure.

I've had 2 different dealerships check the tyre and both can't find anything wrong. I recently had the problem tyre replaced and the next day the new one was almost flat! I've sprayed soapy water to check for a leak round the bead and valve but no indication anything is wrong. I'm assuming it's a wheel bearing but I'm at my wit's end and Parks Kia have been no help.

Can anyone give advice on this? I'm literally spinning my wheels!

·
Registered
419 Posts
If the rim/beads are sealed ok I would think slightly Porous or cracked Alloy Wheel,if it was me I would put the wheel/tyre into a fairly full water 'bath' and check where any air bubbles are escaping from.

Reactions: Turnup

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Agree with Maxaret - alloys can become porous and total immersion is the only way to find it.

there is no way a wheel bearing can affect tyre pressures.

·
Super Moderator
4,337 Posts
If it's not tyre & how it's seated or valve. Then it has to be the wheel. Bearings will have nothing to do with it.

I would go for full bath of water to check for leaks, if none shown. Then it would be that there is a crack that will only show when weight of car is on it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Had this problem with my wife's 9 year old Megane Cabrio. Sorted by getting all 4 wheels refurbished and now right as rain. Cost about £300 but money well spent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts