Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sportage GT-Line S Fusion White Diesel Auto
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sportage is at the dealers and I can collect it on the 27th. when my current contract expires, two and a half months to build and transport, in line with the Tucson and Tiguan I've had in the past.

The engine build quality of modern cars has changed a lot since my first in 1969 when you had to run tham in.

I was advised to go easy for the first 500 miles or so three years ago for my Tucson, have the recomendations change since?

I usually dowload a driver manual so I am up and running when I collect but all I can find are left hand drive ones for the States although I assume they will be similar.

·
Super Moderator
3,290 Posts
Hi & Welcome.

Don't know if this link will help to owners manual.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers but I found that one, I was looking for the three inch thick one that seems to come with a new car these days :)
I guess I'll have to waite, at least the Kia is similat to the Tucson inside so it wont be too much of a change.

·
Registered
891 Posts
It is accessible through the My Kia site, you have to register and log on. You can also access it via the My Kia app, again you have to register and log on, but I've found it a bit slow on my tablet.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Can't remember exactly what the manual says but I remember the first 600 miles being mentioned. It says not to run it at high speeds for a long time. I'm driving mine normally but avoiding harsh accelerating and braking where possible. Only on 320 miles and had it for 3 weeks today. Will check the manual tomorrow for you. I do take mine on dual carriageways a lot (in Norfolk we don't have motorways) and I keep the speed varied between 60 and 70.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can't remember exactly what the manual says but I remember the first 600 miles being mentioned. It says not to run it at high speeds for a long time. I'm driving mine normally but avoiding harsh accelerating and braking where possible. Only on 320 miles and had it for 3 weeks today. Will check the manual tomorrow for you. I do take mine on dual carriageways a lot (in Norfolk we don't have motorways) and I keep the speed varied between 60 and 70.
Cheers, that's what I thought, it hasn't changed over the last 10 cars or so I've had.

Nothing to do with Kia but I was having trouble with my current Hyundai suddenly losing power, and I mean no power, a 2 mph crawl, and random dash lights coming on, this only happened with my key and not my wife's, it went in for its MOT a couple of weeks ago and I asked them to sort it out.
They must have done a key reprogram and computer reset because touch wood it seems fine now but it doesn't drive as it did which sort of confirms something I read about the car learning your driving style.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Cheers, that's what I thought, it hasn't changed over the last 10 cars or so I've had.

Nothing to do with Kia but I was having trouble with my current Hyundai suddenly losing power, and I mean no power, a 2 mph crawl, and random dash lights coming on, this only happened with my key and not my wife's, it went in for its MOT a couple of weeks ago and I asked them to sort it out.
They must have done a key reprogram and computer reset because touch wood it seems fine now but it doesn't drive as it did which sort of confirms something I read about the car learning your driving style.
I've got the manual here now, says no special break in period is needed but to follow a few simple precautions:

Do not race the engine
Keep engine speed within 3000 RPM when driving
Don't maintain a single speed for long periods of time either fast or slow. Varying engine speed is needed to properly break it in.
Avoid hard stops exception emergencies to allow the brakes to seat properly.
Don't tow a trailer during the first 1200 miles of operation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts