Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two whitelampsfitted inboard of fog lamps, they come on with turn indicators. ie.When left hand indicator on left white light comes on and vice versa.These lamps do not come on at any other selsction of lights. Cannot find any reference to these in handbook Spanish or English or Kia website.This is a Spanish reg car. What is the purpose of white lights coming on with the amber turn indicators? Does anybody have an answer?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yep, true, they go off too soon to be of use, plus at the end of the day even at 6ft tall I cant see the kerb going around a left hand corneranyway (rh drive car), so illuminating them is pretty pointless as well.

Visability isnt the sportages strong point!

Slim

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where did you guys find that these lights are turn lights? It seems odd to me that each time you lane change on motorwaythat one of theselights flash on, a bit confusing for a vehicle in front don't you think?

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you check the specs on the KIA website for the Sportage under Exterior Features they are labelled as Cornering Lights. Our Renault Clio does the same but the indicators don't have to be on, just the lights. I agree they make little difference to thevisibilityin the dark :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
The only reference I can find in the manual is how to change the bulb (if equipped)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Gilera,

The turn lights will not come on at motorway speeds, they only operate at low speed (below about 25 mph 'ish). It is an easier method of providing a cornering light where the low beam lights actually swivel to achieve the same thing.

Unfortunately, the Kia turn lights are not effective. A good idea but a poor design in terms of performance.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am completely mystified where you guys get your information about these lights as i have looked everywhere and cannot find any refererence to them. Please post link to web sites so i can take a look. Edited by: gilera

1 - 8 of 8 Posts