Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Ceed 1.6 CDRi LS 57 plate with 16,000 on the clock. It has developed an annoying whistle between 0-25 mph. When I reported it to my local Kia dealer I was told that it was the turbo kicking in and that it was normal for that model. I do not notice other deisel cars with the same noise, and I am very disappointed that Kia seem to think that this is normal and that I will just have to put up with it. WhenI have friends in the car they ask me what that funny noiseis and I tell them that it is normal for Kia cars. Not a very good selling point. Does anyone out there have any suggestions?

Jude17

·
Registered
662 Posts
get it checked at another KIA dealer there will be a noise the more pressure the turbo makes the more noise it will produce but get a second opinion if your not happy

·
Registered
57 Posts
it is standared for the 1.6 and 2.0 diesels to have what you call a loud whistle.

the only time you need to worry about a problem with your turbo is if you hear a louder turbo whistle when the car is idling compared to when it is under a load (in gear)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes, mine does exactly the same. Personally I think the noise is actually there from new rather than "developing". As with all new cars the ambient noise tends to reduce over the first few thousand miles as tyres bed in, and the exhaust soots up internally. It is then that you notice secondary noises like turbo whistles and trim rattles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts