Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started stripping my old Sportage and suspected a problem with the turbo, as I'm getting oil in the exhaust. As I'm working my way to the turbo, the oil seperator assembly and crankcase pcv valve assembly are both quite solid with thick gunky oil. The drain pipe from the seperator to the sump doesn't seem to have the same thick gunk. Are these knackered or is it possible to soak them and degrease them (they can't be stripped and cleaned and I'm guessing the pcv may have some sort of diaphragm). Oil has also blown back up the air intake. Are these things consistent with a faulty turbo or are they a sign of a different issue?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Cheers for taking the time to help. I am a novice so it's possible I've misidentified the parts. Here are pics, both parts had quite a lot of semi solid oil in but i can only physically clean the parts where hoses connect

Gas Gadget Bicycle part Composite material Plastic

Gas Gadget Bicycle part Composite material Plastic
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Personal protective equipment
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Personal protective equipment

1 - 3 of 3 Posts