Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I have had my Kia proceed GT Tech (2014) for about 3 months now. I understand when the car is cold that the turbo does not show its full potential until it gets warm, but when i have give it some after warming up maybe 15 to 20 minutes lates the turbo will not give any boost over 0 (I have only had this problem twice since getting the car and have only driven the car aggresivly on these 2 occasions). The torque gage is the same as normal but it just feels like a non turbocharged engine. After letting it sit for a couple minutes it returns to normal. I was just curious is there like a safety feature built in to stop it from overheating or could a seal/sensor have gone.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Mines a few years younger but even during vigorous track work, it's not dropped any boost. I would assume yours was way down on power without any boost at all? Were there no warning lights on either occasion?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No there was no warning lights at all. I have a friend that has one of those diagnostic tools and I will see if it throws any errors. And the power was way down, it felt like my old kia rio 1.2 😅. I think it may be a sensor somewhere as when I came to a stop on a different day when everything was fine it was idling rough fluctuating between 100 and 500 revs but that only happened once. It is due a service so will get that done in the next month or so and mention it to them.

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
975 Posts
Getting an OBD scanner connected is a good call. Could be a sensor giving an intermittent bad signal, but I wonder have you tried the old reset trick by disconnecting the battery for an hour or so? You never know.

Is your Proceed still in warranty?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi mate yeah I have rac warranty but it is complicated it does cover the turbo but under certain circumstances. If it has failed due to bad maintenance and neglect they won't touch it but if parts have failed that lead it to fail I can claim on the warranty. So I would need to get it serviced first before I do so. As it was due a month or so ago. But I have just started a new job and has been put on hold for a month. I will try the battery idea but the problem doesn't occur all the time.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Sorry, I meant is it still in KIA warranty? What's the service history like, and how many previous owners?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Full service history and nothing to do with the turbo or anything like that. It's had 2 owners before me. Well I have been driving it for 3 days now since it happened and all is fine. When I get chance I will get it serviced.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I think if it has been serviced on time and exclusively at KIA dealers, and it is still in KIA warranty (50/50 I suppose being June in it's seventh year!) then you may have a chance of a warranty repair.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.