Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Kia Sorento 2.5 tdi 4x4
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've purchased a 2007 2.5 diesel Sorento. 200k on clock. It runs fine but there a really significant turbo lag and some black smoke when I really put the foot down. Runs smooth generally though. Mechanic checked it out at last device. He said the turbo has a bit of forward and side to side movement and injectors could also maybe need some TLC. I'm keen to get it good for the long haul but is it worth the investment? We are doing an engine compression test before jumping off any bridges....but everything else seems solid.

Any thoughts on 'worth it'? Or just drive as is? Thanks a ton for your input. Steve

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Also check the intercooler has no holes in it due to corrosion or stone damage and all cooler hoses are OK and clips secure.

·
Registered
603 Posts
200k is impressive on '07..my '05 has 98k....the problem is as you mentioned that there's no point spending a lot of money on '07...is the rear axle and chassis good? is there much 'blowby'?.is it manual or auto?...luckily there are no shortage of mk1's in the breakers so I would suggest that is your best bet

1 - 4 of 4 Posts