Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Is anybody interested in purchasing a Tunit V-CR unit for a Pro_Cee'd 2.0 CRDi Sport ? The unit was purchased on 05/05/09 & as covered around 1000 miles, there is nothing wrong with the unit, just decided to sell the car. The unit simply plugs in, all instuctions to come with item, this little box of tricks transforms the car to something like thelooksof this sports hatch would suggest.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Drakey,
Give the boys at Tunit a call.
They will advise you, you will be impressed, both performance wise and with the extra m.p.g
Good Investment !!!
I have one on a Prosport, 66 mpg on a run, 45 around town Audi A8's I eat "em"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drakey,

The V-CR unit is correct for your car, it would be a matter of the harness, probably yes but as yesitsmeagain said it would be best to check with Tunit, the total cost was £469 about 6 weeks ago, so make me a sensible offer.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Cheers for the reply Andy, probably a bit too much for me at the moment, sorry.
Would love to do it, more so for the fuel economy than the power (although that would be nice!!)

Hoping to persuade the wife in to getting the Pro lowered in the next few months, and with her just getting the new Picanto cash isn`t readily available....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Andyandfran,
Yes I can see just where your coming from, but despite certain issues & misgivings I had pushed to one side I feel the two Prosports I have become involved with tick a lot of positive boxes.
I do high milages and the car is worked hard,if I am honest the major benefit is the 7 year warranty,the dealership I use do react well to my request's (I have to admit to be working in the motor industry, which does give me a voice when I need it)not with Kia I might add.
The Prosport I run myself is a one off paint job (Thanks Kia) lowered suspension, Tunit ECU,K&N Filter so its fast (when I want it to be) fun and economical
I still get people asking me what it is.
I have just stopped myself buying a Soul Burner, my son threatened to disown me, I have a certain infinity with the Kia product at present, they are now moving into the mainstream.
Still room for improvement, so Kia take note, do not get too complacent it a tough old market place.
Cheers I hope you find what you need !!!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Wow...that looks great, fantastic with those alloys.
What offset are they, I seem to have trouble when browsing/wishfully at alloys for the Pro?

Thanks for posting the pictures....one very nice car.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Drakey,
When you are looking for wheels, 18" alloys that fit the Hyundai Coupe are the same offset, also check Honda Civic Type R.
I'm sorry but some one has my car file at the moment so I am unable to give you dimensions.
You need to find the wheel you like and check it out on the internet.
Because the car is lowered it also makes a big difference to the overall appearance.
I am currently back on 17" standard Prosport alloys I am trying out Uniroyal Rain Sport 2 tyres.
I am not happy about the service life of the Michelin Primacy rubber.
18000 miles is just not good enough,I will keep every one posted on my progress.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts