Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen and firstly may I wish all Kia owners a very Happy Christmas. OK, back to business. I can't help but notice a "Tuning box" advertised on this web site. My Kia is under warranty and will be for the next 6 and 3/4 years. Although very pleased with my cee'd, it goes well, stops well and uses little fuel in between. However, more power would be nice, boy racer at heart !!
The fact that this tuning box is advertised on this site is it ok to haveit fittedor will it adversly affect either my cars mechanical longevityand/or the warranty.

Any advice gratefully received...

Rog

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Hi

Was tempted with the Focus TDCi but didn't in the end. Warranty will be invalidated if it is shown you have been tampering, may just be the engine but who wants to check. Many say simply remove before taking to garage but if you should break down on a wet/snowy night on a busy motorway would you feel like removing the Tuning Box on the hard shoulderwhen being told to move by the Police? If the car is then taken to main dealer with box still on you will probably have issues. Since your car is 3 months old (same as mine) its probably MY11 with a DPF fitted. It is pretty well documented that changing the fueling on a DPF car car have adverse effects on the unit since the overfueling fron the Tuning Box will soot up the DPF much quicker than normal. Many have had to remove them on other sites (the Tuning Box that is) even though the suppliers have said there are no issues.

Have you found the throttle beyond the first stop, discovered it accidentally when fitting some mats, makes a car that was already better than the Focusmuch quicker. Just needs a good hard push.

Paul

·
Registered
35 Posts
suttonseven said:
Have you found the throttle beyond the first stop, discovered it accidentally when fitting some mats, makes a car that was already better than the Focusmuch quicker. Just needs a good hard push.

Paul
I have the MY11 EcoDynamics, so 89bhp engine and the "extra" bit of throttle makes absolutely no difference. I only found it recently but on this engine it doesn't do anything noticeable.
Thanks for the advice though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts