Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there, i have a KIA CEE'D Sportswagon 1.6 CRDi 65 plate/reg and have been trying to find out with little success if it has a timing belt or a timing chain. I can't seem to find any information anywhere on it specifically and it's at an milage and age that if it has a belt and it hasn't been changed it will need done soon.

·
Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
3,956 Posts
It's a chain and generally doesn't need changing. Just make sure you use the recommended oils |(NOT super slippo from Joe Bloggs!), and do regular oil changes and you'll have no problems.
By the way, could you please reduce the size of your font - it gives the impression that you are shouting!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a chain and generally doesn't need changing. Just make sure you use the recommended oils |(NOT super slippo from Joe Bloggs!), and do regular oil changes and you'll have no problems.
By the way, could you please reduce the size of your font - it gives the impression that you are shouting!
Perfect mate thank you. I generally dont use cheap oils anyway for my cars, I have only recently got this one though so not had chance to fully find out what oil is best for it. Do you have a recommended one?
and aye no worries dude, not entirely sure why it was set to that but seemed to be from my phone. sorted it now anyway.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I have only recently got this one though so not had chance to fully find out what oil is best for it.
Any brand provided its 5w30 fully synthetic and the important bit C3 spec (essential for DPF health).

I used Total MC3, Hyundai/Kia approved. Was about £23 for 5 litres.

Presume you are a high mileage driver. DPF's give expensive trouble if used on short trips constantly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any brand provided its 5w30 fully synthetic and the important bit C3 spec (essential for DPF health).

I used Total MC3, Hyundai/Kia approved. Was about £23 for 5 litres.

Presume you are a high mileage driver. DPF's give expensive trouble if used on short trips constantly.
Thanks for that. put it on the shopping list for this month lol.

In terms of mileage, I do 26 miles each way to work, its high for me as my job is about double the distance of my old one lol. But dont know if that is classed as high mileage lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts