Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Ceed 15' SW here. Suddenly the trunk won't unlock by pressing on remote unlock button, only by trunk button on remote. Any idea what could be the reason?
Thanks

·
Registered
181 Posts
Try disconnecting/reconnecting the battery - like a sort of system reboot. It seems to have fixed the same problem for me. Recent discussion here....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try disconnecting/reconnecting the battery - like a sort of system reboot. It seems to have fixed the same problem for me. Recent discussion here....

Thanks for your reply,
Tried your solution disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes. Unfortunately that didn't do the trick. For how long did you disconnect? And what state were your doors at the time? All closed?
Thanks again,
Yaron

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks for your reply,
Tried your solution disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes. Unfortunately that didn't do the trick. For how long did you disconnect? And what state were your doors at the time? All closed?
Thanks again,
Yaron
I disconnected for just a few seconds. At the time all doors would have been closed and the car unlocked. It's not a guaranteed fix, of course, just something to try.

My problem started about a month ago - first a one off, then increasingly regular until I needed to use the boot release on every occasion. Since the battery disconnect/reconnect the problem has not returned, so far at least.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Hi All,
Ceed 15' SW here. Suddenly the trunk won't unlock by pressing on remote unlock button, only by trunk button on remote. Any idea what could be the reason?
Thanks

This is the first indication I get that the fob battery is running low.

·
Registered
181 Posts
This is the first indication I get that the fob battery is running low.
Well my battery is over eight years old, but the central locking works perfectly. It was only the boot that wouldn't release (sometimes) unless I used the dedicated boot release button. No harm to change the fob battery though. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well my battery is over eight years old, but the central locking works perfectly. It was only the boot that wouldn't release (sometimes) unless I used the dedicated boot release button. No harm to change the fob battery though. Thanks for the tip.
Just to update, my boot continues to unlock with the central locking, without fail. No need to use the boot button in addition.

Nonetheless, I figured I would change the fob battery to be on the safe side. A new battery reads 3.2V vs 3.02V on the old battery. I doubt that is weak enough to cause malfunction, yet, but I've changed it anyway. At least it still works now that I've done the swap. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts