Kia Owners Club Forum banner

tripometer

975 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  roverme 
#1 ·
Hi, new to Kia, just acquired a 2004 Carens CRDI auto, Very impressed with it so far. Can anyone explain why there are three settings withthe odometer, The odometer I understand, the trip meter I understand but why is there a third trip meter reading visible whenI press the re set for the trip meter.
Any answers would be gratefully received,

kelvin

#7 ·
For M4 trundler, I'll try it to see if I can re set the 3rd meter reading to zero, if I can you might have it there. I confess I have never come across this before mind.

As for it being a trip out and a trip back what if you sat in the drivers seat facing backwards? Would it still read the same? I think its time for my nurse actually, " Nurse! ..Nurse!!"

#9 ·
Roverme, do you also have a meter telling you how many miles to the next service? Mine's a Rio, which just has three readings: Odo, Trip A and Trip B, your Carens islikely to be different, probably lots of extra features. What does it say in the manual?

#10 ·
It doesnt, it just refers to the normal two readings ,odometer and trip. I wondered if it was a service mileage trip myself. I'm inclined to think this is it and the absence of any diffinitive reply from anyone suggests to meyour right I think.
Thanks for replying, Im a total newbie to Kia and have to say so far Im very impressed with it, half the budget to have bought a Volvo or similar and whilst not the same quality inside it is never the less very good value for money, Im hooked already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.