Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to Kia, just acquired a 2004 Carens CRDI auto, Very impressed with it so far. Can anyone explain why there are three settings withthe odometer, The odometer I understand, the trip meter I understand but why is there a third trip meter reading visible whenI press the re set for the trip meter.
Any answers would be gratefully received,

kelvin

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Don't you get an A and a B displayed for the different tripmeters?
I use one for distance since last fill up and the other total mileage for the week.Mine only goes up to 999 though, so you have to remember to carry the 1 !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For M4 trundler, I'll try it to see if I can re set the 3rd meter reading to zero, if I can you might have it there. I confess I have never come across this before mind.

As for it being a trip out and a trip back what if you sat in the drivers seat facing backwards? Would it still read the same? I think its time for my nurse actually, " Nurse! ..Nurse!!"

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Roverme, do you also have a meter telling you how many miles to the next service? Mine's a Rio, which just has three readings: Odo, Trip A and Trip B, your Carens islikely to be different, probably lots of extra features. What does it say in the manual?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It doesnt, it just refers to the normal two readings ,odometer and trip. I wondered if it was a service mileage trip myself. I'm inclined to think this is it and the absence of any diffinitive reply from anyone suggests to meyour right I think.
Thanks for replying, Im a total newbie to Kia and have to say so far Im very impressed with it, half the budget to have bought a Volvo or similar and whilst not the same quality inside it is never the less very good value for money, Im hooked already.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.