Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other weekend we went up to Greenock from Peterborough. A distance of 344 miles. We left around 7am and arrived just before 4pm. We had a hour break for lunch and a couple of "wee" breaks. Left with a full tank and arrived with just over half a tank, the trip computer said I could do another 215 miles.
It would be interesting to hear how long it would take someone with an EV to do a similar trip.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It took you how long?

I did Leicester to Wemyss Bay back in May (looking at a business on Bute).

Total distance 326 miles from front door to ferry terminal. 5.5 hours including a half hour break. Left at 7am and caught the 13:05 ferry no problem. Admittedly it was all motorway apart from the A50 across to the M6 & the A80 but 9 hours for you seems somewhat high to say the least - did you hit a traffic jam or something?

Had around 15 litres left in the tank although the "guesstimate my range" indicator said that I could only do 50 miles.

Scotland is a lot better for EV charging than most of England - border region excepted for some reason.
We never hurry just plod along around 60.
Know Wemyss my daughter used to work at the holiday camp there.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another thing I've wondered about is if it's cheaper to charge an EV away from motorway services and motorways are not the best type of roads for them. It could mean they would move to "A" roads. Making journey times even longer.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Same mileage as you in 6 hours. Which included 3 stops 10:11 point.
I think you better recalculate. He states that he starts around 10.30 and arrives around 7.00 which I make 9½ hours.
And where do you get that charging station like that in this country. Your lucky to see half a dozen.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It still highlights the fact that to get the best of an ev, you need to do much more planning than an ice. Currently. The problem of availability and reliability of fast chargers also persists. We're certainly getting there but for now ice holds too much appeal for me to switch.
My family live all over the country. If I get a phone call and need to go somewhere quick I can jump in my car go to a garage fill up and be on my way in minutes not hours has in an EV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts