Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased a 06 Reg CRDI XS (138). However it does not appear to have the trip computer that the spec sheets say it should (ie Parkers etc)
What it has is a Tripmeter - a fairly useless display for showing you distance travelled for Trip A and Trip B but none of the mpg info etc.

It is definitely a 2006 car as it has th e6 speed box etc and the rest of the spec is as it should be for an XS.

Does anybody know if the trip computer is only standard on the V6 models or Titan, or whether I haveone that slipped through the net when they manufactured it - as I bet it is only a £1 bit of software that is missing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

You are not alone.........In the recent month I have purchased a new (08) Sportage Titan, and I have been wondering where the trip computer is, I only have the Trip A and Trip B Computer. Although reading in the hand book it is there but does not say in which model. I would have thought that the Titan would come fully loaded. I will consult with my dealer and keep you posted. While I'm posting has anybody managed to get the USB port working Correctly?

Regards

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In a strange way that makes me feel a bit better as like you I would expect the Titan to have everything. A Trip A/B counter in no way should be advertised as a trip computer as it is not computing anything.
Maybe you have to buy the V6 to get the computer

·
Registered
6 Posts
As above 2008 XS with the A/B trip. I just shoved my USB stick in and it found the music hidden in various folders. You need to have it in before you switch on for it to resume from where you left off

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
Very disapointed to find no proper trip computer on my 08 Titan. Especially as the diesel consumption appears to be in the 35 - 36 mpg range!
And my USB port does work. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts