Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, got a 2014 plate Venga CRD3, noticed the mileage trip had reverted to kms the other day, hadn’t fiddled with it myself, why would I? Re-set it back to miles as per handbook instructions and forgot about it. Picked it up from Kia dealership today after having interior light unit and washer pump replaced as both had failed. Was in miles when I set off from there I swear, but noticed on route home it had jumped back to kilometres. Pulled over to re-set it yet again and drove the remaining distance home and it’s still in miles....for the moment. Do you reckon this is now faulty or am I missing something in my resetting of it?

·
Registered
673 Posts
This will happen if the battery is disconnected or if the fuse switch is pulled out (turned off) Though why the dealer needed to do this to change a washer pump and an interior bulb doesn't make much sense.
Normally if power is lost to the trip computer all the data displays will revert to factory setting. ie clock trip a and b mpg overall mpg since last fill, temperature and miles/kilometres. If just one of those is reverting then there may be a fault in the trip computer.
To be fair I spent several years writing instructions for fitting car radios and the first line was always, "Disconnect the cable from the battery negative terminal. (Back in the days of positive earth, later (around 1969) it becamre the positive terminal ).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It actually went squiffy a week or so prior to going into the dealership, and then again on my picking it up from there. It wasn’t just a bulb that was replaced, it was the complete light cluster and switch mechanism itself, so don’t know if that makes any difference. Anyway, all appears well at present so it could have been how I re-set the trip computer, I don’t know! Oh forgot to say...thank you for your reply. 👍

1 - 4 of 4 Posts