Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a clunking noise coming from the transfer box when I accelerate hard or on slippy surface , I've changed all the uj joints but still have the noise ,,,,, any ideas

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a clunking noise coming from the transfer box when I accelerate hard or on slippy surface , I've changed all the uj joints but still have the noise ,,,,, any ideas
I have a clunking noise coming from the transfer box when I accelerate hard or on slippy surface , I've changed all the uj joints but still have the noise ,,,,, any ideas 2006 Kia Sorrento

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
if it has the tod transfer box it will be the clutch pack in the transfer box. tyres not being a full matching set can cause it and it can also be the transfer box clutch pack sticking due to incorrect oil. remove the tccs fuse and try it.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
it is the transfer box engaging 4x4, check the tyres, you must have a matching set, if two of them are a bit more worn then put these on the back. it is critical that the ones with the largest rolling radius is on the back if they are not a matching set, also change the transfer box oil. it has to be genuine kia transfer box oil or dextron III with friction modifier added, the friction modifier is the important bit.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
it is the transfer box engaging 4x4, check the tyres, you must have a matching set, if two of them are a bit more worn then put these on the back. it is critical that the ones with the largest rolling radius is on the back if they are not a matching set, also change the transfer box oil. it has to be genuine kia transfer box oil or dextron III with friction modifier added, the friction modifier is the important bit.
The tyres with the largest rolling radius will be the least worn.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you
Know how much oil I need for the transfer box ??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi I have just perchest a 2008 sorento I took it for a service and the Garage told me the front propshaft was missing so I told them to replace it they then rang me after a test drive you have a problem with the transfer box its knocking on hard acceleration but it's ok if you drive it carefully up to 50 mph then it starts knocking again can I take the 13 fuse out I only need 4x4 low if I'm stuck in snow dont need 4x4 all the time two wheel drive is ok

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
2008 has different wiring to pre facelift ones. You will find removing the TCCS fuse will light dash lights up as it will also effect ABS braking plus other circuits. With your model you need to wire up the system to fool the TOD unit it is still working.

·
Registered
40 Posts
2008 has different wiring to pre facelift ones. You will find removing the TCCS fuse will light dash lights up as it will also effect ABS braking plus other circuits. With your model you need to wire up the system to fool the TOD unit it is still working.
How do I do that please

·
Registered
40 Posts
CAN I ASK YOUR ADVISE PLEASE IM TRYING TO FIND A REPLACEMENT TRANSFER BOX BUT MINE IS VERY RARE IS TOD 47300/49200 CAN I FIT A DIFFERENT NUMBER

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
I cannot advise on numbers. Why not repair the one you have as buying second hand box is probably also shot so you not gain anything.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts