Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had any experience of the Transfer Box on a Kia Sorento breaking?

Is there a known problem of Transfer Boxes breaking on Kia Sorento's?

If so what is the causes of this?

Does it require a new Transfer Box fitting or can the Transfer Box be repaired in any way?

In cases, if any where the Transfer Box is repaired rather than replaced how long have they lasted for withouth further breakages?

What tests are required to be carried out by Kia Technical to determine the cause of the breakage and whether or not a broken one should be replaced or repaired?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just put our sorento in for a service and came back with a broken transfer box
Have been told the cheapest way to repair is to fit both Gear box and tranfer box together

at a cost of between £2k and £3k

would love to know if there is a problem with then I have been told There has been a manufactures recall at one time regaurding tranfer boxes

Please can any body Help

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an Auto Sorento XS2.5CRDI new in March 2006 and have had trouble with the gearbox from new. The box locks into 4 wheel drive when the preselect is used and I have had the Trensfer Box replaced at 10,000 miles. Kia release the drivethis by some method only known to themselves and tell me as the computer is not showing any fault the car is as far as their concerned repaired.The car has only done 17000 miles and this problem has occurred again.I am having an independant engineer to look into this and will let you know the outcome.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Need to tell dealer to look at thier bulletins, transfer boxes are now repairable.. might be worth checking out uksorento.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts