Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 GT-S line Red rwd
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive design Hood Car Vehicle Grille

Got everything set up for traffic announcement but all that happens is volume increase’s radio carry’s on playing the radio as normal and this is displayed on the screen, then volume returns to normal and information on screen goes off. Asked at the dealership and all they said was don’t know read the manual.
Can anyone help

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,595 Posts
Try using the rotary volume knob when a TA is being made.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-S line Red rwd
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No what the problem is is that no traffic announcement come through even though the display says otherwise, the station that was playing carry’s on playing.

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,595 Posts
Have you disabled TAs / switched off the car and Nav unit then powered it all on and re-enabled TAs? That may do a reset. of TA Or you could carry out a unit reset - there is a pin hole button somewhere.

I'd still try winding volume up during a TA as if it's at minimum it may be disabling the TA programme mute function.

·
Registered
2020 Kia E-Niro 4
277 Posts
I found that I had to have a TA channel selected as I noticed that i wasn't getting announcements whilst I was listening to music on my USB stick. It seems I needed to have Radio 4 or suchlike selected on the radio, as odd ones like Heart or Sixties Radio for example didn't interrupt my USB music.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I found that I had to have a TA channel selected as I noticed that i wasn't getting announcements whilst I was listening to music on my USB stick. It seems I needed to have Radio 4 or suchlike selected on the radio, as odd ones like Heart or Sixties Radio for example didn't interrupt my USB music.
Looking at the photo on the OP's original message, he was playing BBC Radio 2 (a TA channel)!

·
Super Moderator
3,657 Posts
I don't know if this has been mentioned or is related to this, but on Kia's if you are playing a DAB radio station and change to USB music the traffic announcements don't work (DAB stations do not have traffic announcements). However if you are listening to a FM radio station and switch to USB, traffic announcements will interrupt the music.

Reactions: JOCK55
1 - 7 of 7 Posts