Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Askedmy local KIA garage, where my Carens was purchased and regularly serviced what would be the trade in I could get off the new Optima. Under three years old, 20,000 miles, cost new £15,000 - offered £6,000. Is this too low? What should I expect? Thanks

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Depends on model but its not far off the mark for a 2.0CRDI GS model.
Shocking isn't it £15K when new the less than 3 years all your getting is £6K. Ouch

·
Registered
9 Posts
It works out at £3000 a year. Last year we traded our Fiat Doblo in, paid £12-000 new and got £3500 back for it in 3 years.

The problem is no one is buying Cars at the moment. I know i pop to my local Kia Garage last week for a new windscreen wiper and the forecourt was full of Used & New cars.

·
Registered
536 Posts
VW passat, £22k new 5yrs later, less than £5k. And that was with only 48k miles, full VW servise history and in mint condition. Guess its only valuable is people will pay for it. I mean in all fairness I would say a lot of people on here have brought a Kia with a smaller engine size than there previous car to save money on fuel,tax ect. 2ltr and above isn't desirable to regular joe any more with diesel at £1.40 a ltr.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
My mates 2 and a half year old VXR Insignia £29K new and now he was offered £13K in a trade in for a Merc. Book price says £13K too. Shocking depreciation

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think you done well, I have a 08 LS which comes fully loaded with 21k on the clock.Up against a new Sportage I was offered 4k, looks like I was conned when purchased 14 month ago, when i was lead to believe that they hold there price pretty good.
Looks like the end of Kia era when I change again

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorry was going to say also went to we by any car .com and was offered £5750 still not alot but alot better than the dealer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts