Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I have a Sedona 2007 which I absolutely love apart from one issue. I have had the car since April 2009 - I was surprised after a couple of months to notice that one of my front tyres was bald! I took the car back to the main dealer from whom I purchased the car, and they said the tracking was out - retracked the front, charged me half price, despite the car being only just 2 years old, and I had a new tyre fitted. Since then every time the car has gone into the garage, there has been a problem with the tracking. I had a new tyre fitted in December, and now having had track rod end and new shock absorber fitted (different sides) I need 3 new tyres. The car has only done 28,000 miles since new, and since April 2009 when I purchased the car I have done 15,000 miles, so very low mileage. Has anybody else experienced the same problem? I have been driving for many, many years and not experienced this problem before. I know we have a lot of potholes around - but I am very careful and don't run over kerbs!! Advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
662 Posts
its not uncommon for cars to need tracking adjustment yearly if you studie your next tyre invoice you will see most tyre companys recomend 6 monthy checks if you have got 28k out of your Sedona tyres then your doing well especialy if its town driving we look after some taxi's who on avarage get 15k out of a front set and 20 out of the rears tyre pressure is very important on a sedona due to its high centre of gravity causeing the tyre to roll on to its edge if your tyres have worn on inner and outer edges that that will be the issue go up on the pressures by 5psi our local taxi's run 40psi front and rear and this gets them much better tyre mileage

·
Registered
249 Posts
I am quite surprised with the tyre wear on mine. I was expecting it to knock out tyres at a fast rate but the fronts, which weren't new when I bought it have done another 20k & still aren't down to the wear indicators ! The backs hardly appear to have worn at all.

·
Registered
52 Posts
This was something that also concerned me. When I was looking round for a Sedona I looked at onewith 22k miles which had had three tires replaced fairly recently. The one I ended up buying was getting close to needing new fronts and I replaced them at 19,500 miles. Checked the tracking and camber and allwas o.k. Too early to say but I'mhoping with my gentle driving this set will do better.
Still a lot better than the motor bike where 6K is considered good going, but stillmore miles per smile than the Sedona!

P.S. Thanks Viking Paul for your advice, I'll up the pressures a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts