Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to reset the TPMS?

I received a warning of a low pressure the other day (the consequence of a very slow puncture) but after re-inflating, the warning has remained on even though it's showing the pressure as correct.

It's very annoying!

·
Registered
838 Posts
They reset themselves when up to pressure try pumping up more just to make sure the tpms is not reading low . But if no joy then it's a new tpms was it damage when they fixed the tyre . You should only be getting a warning box on the dash for a few seconds then goes away just yellow triangle and tyre symbol lit on dash. Edited by: Cornish dave

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sadly, it hasn't reset this time although it has on previous occasions.

I may try letting it down and reinflating it. Other than that, it'll be back to the dealer.

I do get those two symbols, but the OCD in me is fired up by their presence! :-DEdited by: DougieB

·
Registered
603 Posts
When having new tyres fitted on my carens it took a couple of miles driving from flat to self reset. Yesterday I had the warning as low reading with the cold but this reset the moment I added air and restarted the car.

Have read online of people fitting new sensors and after couple of hundred miles they relearn by them self, tho that was from a forum in America so take that with pinch of salt Edited by: Mickg

·
Registered
133 Posts
DougieB said:
Is there a way to reset the TPMS?

I received a warning of a low pressure the other day (the consequence of a very slow puncture) but after re-inflating, the warning has remained on even though it's showing the pressure as correct.

It's very annoying!
When my tpms went off I inflated them to the correct pressure but the warning carried on, so I had to over inflate them then drive the car, after a short distance the warning cleared. So then I let them down to the correct pressure.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Solved. Let them down to under 25 psi then reinflated to the correct pressure. Warning went off after a few minutes.

Phew!

·
Registered
70 Posts
One of mine illuminated on a very cold morning last week when all tyre pressures were reading lower. The pressures increased by a couple of psi when driving as they warmed up but the warning light refuses to go out on the one wheel although the pressure is correct..
Going to try the inflation/deflation tip above.

·
Registered
940 Posts
kar999 said:
Going to try the inflation/deflation tip above.
First time ever I encountered the TPMS displaying low tyre pressures was at christmas time it displayed the fault whilst en route to Devon saying i had under inflated tyres, I stopped off at a service area and pumped all 4 of them up, now not trusting how accurate the airline was i put in 38 psi all round going by that gauge and set off expecting the warning to go out, it didn`t, but as i had just inflated them i drove on.

Next day i went to my stepson`s garage where he is an MOT Tester as he told me to use the gauge in their MOT Bay as it was 99% accurate and gets calibrated regularly so I blew them up and drove away checking the TPMS warning had gone out, it did and the tyres read 40psi, so i returned to the garage again,

By this time my stepson had arrived and said "don`t stop your engine,leave it running and you can adjust your tyre pressures more accurately as the display will stay there with no need to drive around", I did that and could see the relevant tyre pressure drop down to 2.4bar (35psi), i done the other 3 and set off.

The TPMS display stays on 35 psi with no bother ever since, i think it was the drop in air temperature around that time that started it off.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I think all TPMS systems have to have a "fault" before they settle down.
Ho many of us had fault reports but during this exceptionally cold snap very few had any reoccurrence?
Once it's had a grumble it seems to settle down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts