Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have a 2014 Kia Sportage and my TPMS light has come on.

Cut a long story short my car went for its service last week and the TPMS light has been on for about a week. They checked it and found the 2 nearside TPMS sensors were broken. Kia were trying to charge me £189.99 each for them to be replaced which i politely declined.

Does anybody know of a way to fix this with a cheaper option rather than forking out almost £380 for 2 small sensors.

Thank
Scott

·
Super Moderator
2,202 Posts
These can be had a lot cheaper.
Example
Just remember you have to factor in the fitting cost. So might be worthwhile asking a few local tyre places what they would charge to simply fit & waht would they charge to supply & fit.

Note that they are batter powered and it seems 5 years is OK battery life. So it could be that the battery has expired.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You could try Kwik-Fit they do replacements a lot cheaper then the dealers not that I like them but some times you don't have options also think halford also have a replacement service for these let us know how you get on

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies, i've got my car booked in at ATS at 8.30am this morning so will let you all know how i get on.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well that was a waste of time - ATS cannot do it and they said it needs to go back to Kia to get repaird.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi ATS wont do them but Kwik- fit will give them a call or do as other member said buy off ebay get local tyre shop to fit them dealers are a joke when it comes to these your car is under 7yr old what mileage has it done are they not covered by warranty if under 100,000 miles

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hiya - yeah will give Kwik-Fit a call today and see what they say.

Car has only done 37,000 miles. Kia said they do not come under the warranty.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Hiya - yeah will give Kwik-Fit a call today and see what they say.

Car has only done 37,000 miles. Kia said they do not come under the warranty.
I have seen no exclusions for TPMS. Ask them to show you where in the Terms and conditions the TPMS sensors are excluded. Or ask KCS on here if they agree.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had 1 of mine replaced last week was leaking done on warranty car is 2014 done 61,000 I would go back and ask as not a part you can service

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had 1 of mine replaced last week was leaking done on warranty car is 2014 done 61,000 I would go back and ask as not a part you can service, just to add if you have your tyres done at Halfords for £7.00 more pre booked they will service your tpms worth thinking about along as the battery is ok

1 - 14 of 14 Posts