Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I bought my automatic Kia Sorento specifically for towing and I’ve been stuck a couple of times now. I’m well under the towing weight and it usually happens when on a slight incline and I’ve stopped to give way. It just won’t pull away and the tyres spin. This recently happened on a grass field when I asked the car to pull away, this time there was no incline. The field was good grass no mud not wet etc. Each time I have switched it into 4wd but it’s not made even a slight difference.
what am I doing wrong?!
thanks

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
which wheels spin?

Im not familiar with that vehicle or how the 4WD works, but a good rule is to engage 4 wheel drive before it gets stuck, if you are on a slippery surface such as grass , then no transmission components will get extra wear, so engage 4 wheel drive straight away if you think it may be needed.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Sounds as though you have the now regular coming problem of the coupling on the rear diff failure. Get it booked in for warranty replacement .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.