Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody towing with a Kia Ceed SW3 Diesel automatic, i am going to tow a 1200kg caravan with mine in the near future, just wondered if anybody else was towing with one (it,s a 2011 model) 4 speed

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, I have been towing with my ceed 3auto for near one year now from new
its like any other car with a auto geabox, its a hydraulic drive, once you take your foot of the throttle you glide and therefore you have to forecast the distance of your braking more as the caravan is pushing

I am trying to find out who manufactures the gearbox,I beleave to be ZF

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks blom iv,e just had a towbar fitted to mine, & i am going to tow a Elddis Riveria 1200kg caravan with it in the near future, i was beginning to think nobody else was towing with a Auto, whats is your fuel consumption like when towing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, corrakid, my car is a ceed 3 diesel 1.6 auto and when towing I am getting about 45 mpg

This car is the best car I have ever driven for its size and money, the seats are very comfortable ( they just fit you ) suspension is a bit harshbut its got good power,

In my life time of working I have driven hundreds of cars from R.R. down a Mini and that my opinion of the car

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm having a towbar fitted on Monday to my Ce ed 3 sw auto so I can pull our 25 year old Buccaneer and wreak more havock on the nations roads !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there an advantage in fitting a plug in power booster ?

'Oppy

·
Registered
18 Posts
oppy, you asked about plug in power boostunits , i have never used the type where you unplug the pressure switch and put in the wiring before the switch. On HGV.s we used to take out the ECU unit have it altered and put back and that made a differance. On the side of HGV cabs you seewritten 310, 350, 420, 480 and 500 thats the BHP and thats hows its down . So I cannot see any problem with the plug in ones

blom

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cheers fella, The problem with having the ECU re-mapped is that i invalidates the wonderful Kia warranty. I am tempted to try the plug in type of booster but first of all I would like to hear of any body using one and which is the best one to use.
Thanks again Blom

'Oppy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Decision made then !!! Raw naked power it is
Thanks thunderbird for your contribution. I previously towed with a 2.2 petrol Vauxhall Omega and that is why I was having concerns. Thank you again for your advice.

'Oppy

·
Registered
18 Posts
oppy, I have just looked at a company called Chipexpress and there is a lot of testimonials, they state the the advantage of a plug in, is you can remove it and it goes back to normal so to take the carfor a MOT. The warranty looks good but I cannot the price

blom

1 - 17 of 17 Posts