Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I am picking up my new diesel 4x4 sportage on sunday and am wondering what type of caravans people might be towing, and how the car does as a tow car.
I'm considering returning to caravanning previously towing with range rovers, volvos etc.
Any info much appreciated!

Roll on Sunday, much excitement here!!!!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Hi John and welcome

personaly tow a Abbey Adventura 4 berth rear bathroom mpl 1640kg my sportage 2.0 diesel tows brilliant 60mph 6th gear all day 32mpg cruise control excellent would not be with out that toy good in the mud as well one tip raise the tyre pressures 4psi drives better and increases tyre life allso have towed a race car trailer with car on weight was 1850kg noticed it when pulling away but once rolling no problems cars realy stable

best of motoring

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, I wouldnt be towing anything more than a 4 berth and probably a lightweight like a Lunar, so hopefully no probs!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi i tow a 1500kg bailey no problems,can get into 6th gear on most roads a very relaxed tow nice and stable ride,mines an 08 xs 4wd diesel owned from new,with no problems so coming 2 years old this year,ps good luck for the rugby on saturday but not too much if you know what i mean.h gwent south wales.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha Ha , picked up the car on the day of the Rugby! Great match though, fair play to the welsh, we were outplayed, no doubt about it!!
Great car, drives absolutely first class, a huge improvement on the Range Rover.... off to buy a caravan now, think a Lunar or maybe a Quasar!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts