Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have just but an 2005 Sorento 2.5 diesel automatic, as i have never towed before with an automatic gearbox, i was wondering if anyone could give me any tips. I am dragging my caravan up to the top of Loch Lomond in July and would expect there to be some "hilly" terrain, so any advice for a newbie would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi mack

Just hitch up and drive - The sorento is a wonderful tow car I tow quite a heavy Coachman caravan on my 2004 Auto and have never had any issues. It really is a hassle free drive

Just one tip for fuel economy while towing on long stretches use cruise control and lock it into 5th gear - This will stop it hunting up and down gears on inclines.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi UncleMart,

Thanks for the advice andexcusemy ignorance, but how do you lock it into 5th gear?

Cheers,

Mack M

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi mack
Assuming you have the 5 spd auto box - select tiptronic by moving the gear selector to the right from the "D" position in this mode it will stay in the selected gear unless you stop. Definatley handy when towing better when using cruise control.

The only real downside with the Sorento is the soft suspension comfy on smoothe surfaces but can be a bit wallowy on rough ground make sure the lockers and cupboards in the caravan are nicely secured and drive sympathectically to the surface/conditions and you wont have a problem.
Edited by: UncleMart

1 - 4 of 4 Posts