Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some advice please?

I have just about bought a new kia sportage 2.0l 2020 model gts line. We also intend towing a twin axle caravan with it.
The max tow weight is 2200kgs, the kerb weight is 1723kgs. Our caravan weight is 1685kgs. Appreciate this is not following the 85% ratio suggested tow ratio but wondered if anyone else toes with one of these and if you've encountered any issues, please?

Also it has a handbrake button, any issues when towing?

Any help gratefully received before I take the plunge with it. Cheers

·
Super Moderator
3,409 Posts
We tow a two berth caravan, maximum weight of 1350kg, with our Sportage, but there is no comparison with what you are proposing.

The handbrake button is not an issue, although I usually switch the Auto Hold on and let that do the work.

The only issue I have had is with the nose weight. The Sportage is rated at 100kg, but I found if the caravan was loaded to that the ride was poor and towing was not as assured as I would like. Dropping it to around 90kg improved the feel and ride, and that is what I now aim for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.