Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of towing a caravan with the kia carens. i own an 05 model.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. Just joined the forum and noticed your query. I have a 58 plate Carens and although I have not covered thousands of miles, it tows like a dream. Along flat and undulating roads it motors along quite nicely in 6th gear and, provided you use the gears/revs correctly, hills that I have necountered are no problem either. Only criticism is that dealer fitted tow bar is very close to bumber. Happy towing!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello jymadel.I have just joined and read your query. I have a 53 reg 20crdi and have towed since run in The max tow weight is 1250kg so I am limited van wise. have towed 2 vans both within limit and have had no problems at all in fact with my present van I have to watch my speed at times the car just wants to go!! the only thing I had is soft rear springing but that can be solved by fitting donut assisters about £20 and anhour or so work .Hope this helps you happy c/vanning

·
Registered
72 Posts
<table ="tableBorder" style="table-layout: fixed;" align="center" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><t><tr><td rowspan="3" ="msgOddTableSide" valign="top">

Online Status: Offline

</td>
<td ="msgOddTableTop" style="height: 15px;" valign="top">

Post Options
<div id="postMenu2775" ="dropDownMenu">

Quotecavking

Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 12:39pm</td>
</tr>
<tr ="msgOddTableRow" style="height: 200px; min-height: 200px;">
<td ="msgLineDevider" valign="top">

<div ="msg">
Hi
I too use my crdi to pull a van no problems other than steering feels slightly vague but no worries
my
van weighs in at 950kg have a alko hitch fitted for stability, the tow
bar down load on the carens isnt great, So went for the stabalising
hitch rather than the heavy bulldog type stabiliser,To try and keep
things calm,Used to tow with a discovery and a bigger van never worried
about the stability or kerb weight ratios, but having a smaller
vehicle and unit, all sorts of things now come into play,
Any how i do digress, carens is a decent enough tow all round and the engine torque is adequate, stay safe and happy touring pal

</td></tr></t></table>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts