Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right! Had the Carens a couple of weeks now. Time to fit a towbar so we can use it for the caravan. Question is, fixed or detachable towbar? Does anyone know if a fixed towbar would interfere with the reversing sensors (obviously when not towing!)? My towbar supplier would have to order the thing in and is unwilling to order both types as there aren't many Carens' around our area, and he's unlikely to sell the other anytime soon. A fixed one would suit me - and is much cheaper - but since the car has reversing sensors it would be shame to have to disconnect them, so would go detachable if needed.
Another question - just by the way! With a towbar fitted, could I still crank the 'skinny spare' wheel down fairly easily. It looks as if the towbar would come right across the back of it!
For the record, the car is a 2008/58 plate 2.0CRDi LS 7-seater.
Sure someone knows the answer, hope for a reply soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have recently fitted a fixed tow bar to my 07 crdi ls and it does not seem have bothered the function of them, but they are not the factory fitted ones. Access to the spare wheel is not affected with the barI fitted as the main support goes up behind the rear bumper.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. Have now booked to have a fixed towbar fitted next week. If there are any issues with parking sensors will post further. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to confirm, for anyone else having the same concerns, that the fixed towbar works well, does not interfere with the reversing sensors despite having a towsure bike rack plate fitted, and when the beeps become solid there is about 5" behind the towball.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts