Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to have to face the fact we need a tow bar. i am not sure what to get fitted we have always had the traditional fitted ones; can anyone offer any advice on the detachable type?

Also if you have one fitted could you post up a pic not sure if its going to spoil the look of the car.

Cheers

John

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
One of my neighbours has a Soul and the towbar and electrics swing back under the car when not in use. Cant tell its got one in that mode. Do you want me to ask him where he had it fitted?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Just looked at the bottom of your post...... this is the Soul forum...... have you posted in the wrong part?...or do you have a Soul too?.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes we have a soul(mine) and picanto (Wifes) As your north wales and we only chester could you ask him where he got it fitted as might not be too far away.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I dont have one fitted to my Soul - but being a caravanner up until recently always had detachable
ones fitted. With detachable you dont know they are there as the socket(s) for the the wiring swing
up out of view. Choose your towbar and ask to see a picture of how it will look when installed my guess is there wont be many that have a fitting for a Soul. and of course you will pay a bit more for a detachable. I had a Brink fitted last time see website for info on how it would look on other cars.

http://www.detachable-towbars.com/

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
crazynight said:
Yes we have a soul(mine) and picanto (Wifes) As your north wales and we only chester could you ask him where he got it fitted as might not be too far away.

Ok, i will pop round today. (his car is a Carr and Griffiths car too!!!).

·
Registered
309 Posts
Ive been looking into these & my friend who works a Kia has recommended Witter detachable towbars , going on there website & putting in my reg number

Detachable Swan Towbar (vertical loading) £466.20 fitted

or

Detachable Flange Towbar (vertical loading) £478.20 fitted

Im gonna see if i can get the tow bar & get it fitted elsewhere if i can bring the cost down .

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I had seen the same thing on witter, and have actually fitted a few witter tow bars over the years myself.

I have just called a local company who gave me 2 prices 1 for fitting and clipping into the cars wiring voiding any warranty and the second to integrate the tow bar correctly reprogramming the car and connecting it to the harness.

Does anyone know if the fitting of a tow bar will void the warranty if not done by Kia?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts