Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What sort of prices are peoplepaying for their towbars, I have had two dealer quotes for a detachable bar with twin electrics one quote for £437 and the other for £795 why is there such a big difference when they are both using kia supplied parts?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I paid about £415 for a witter detachable towbar and twin electrics. The fitter told me most Kia dealers don't use the Kia electrics as they are too expensive!

·
Registered
564 Posts
I was quoted £418.00 for a Witter but negotiated it to £400.00. It did take three weeks to fit because it was a detachable type and the bit the ball fits into did not fit so had to be returned to Witter. Bloke did a good job though, can't fault him and he did use the proper wiring harness. He suggested that if the correct wiring wasn't used it could affect the warranty.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi Griffo. Is it possible for you to post a clear picture of your car side on so that I can get a verygood idea of where you placed your side protectors. I have a guy who says he will put mine on for me as I am a bit nervous so I want to print of a picture and take it to him. Car due in 4 weeks so getting nearer now. Thanks Andrew

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had another quote yesterday from a local independant company of £550 for a detachable witter with choice of swan neck type or flange type (this is the new one from witter so i'm told), but they also recommended using the kia wiring harness to protect the warranty and that was £166 on its own! they also said if they fitted standard wiring they would have to put a disclaimer on the invoice. at the moment the 437 dealer quote is looking good, i'm assuming they will use the kia harness methinks i'll have to check before commiting to it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts