Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have just purchased a 2008 Sorento and now need a full tow kit.

The vehicle has factory fitted reverse sensors and caravan has 13 pin wiring.

Do I need a removable 'ball' or will standard fixed Swan neck or ALKO compatible ball do?

Do I need 'vehicle specific' wiring loom or what? and does anyone recommend a particular mobile fitting company.

Help will be much appreciated.
Regards, chrisg

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hi Chris G,

You can have a fixed towbar without any issues. Personally I prefer the detachable towbars as it makes the rear of the car look tidier.
The vehicle specific wiring kit is really the best option, although dearer. It will prevent any problems where the fitter uses Scotchok connections.
Its really down to how much you want to pay, there is cheap equipment out there. If your caravan has ATC or you require battery charging and fridge operation, make sure you specify that at the time of ordering. Kia do 2 wiring kits for the Mk3 Sorento, not sure about the Mk2.
Happy vanning mate!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 'Oldsalt' Very useful info. and has now confirmed what I had just about managed to work out from info available from Towbar express. Will ask about wiring kit relevant to 'charging on the go and fridge operation'Really looking forward to future trip to hilly Wales to see just how different the Sorento is to my Sportage!
Regards, Chrisg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts