Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
The KIA one is made by Witter. It's dead easy to fit.

You will also need an electrics kit. I'd recommend the genuine KIA 13 pin kit. However, fitting it isn't for the feint hearted!

Edited by: Techno

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
What does the supplementary wiring kit actually do? I ordered both the main wiring kit and the supplementary kit but the dealer rang up and said the latter was no longer available and had beensupersededby another kit costing three times as much. I said no thanks and just bought the main kit.

I fitted it on its own andended up with full 13 pin electrics.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Thanks, that is what I assumed it did when I was buying the bits. However, as I found out, the basic kit does all that too.

Curious.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
OK, I've had a chance to check mine. I fitted the 13 pin Kia kit without the supplementary wiring kit.

All pins are connected except pin 12 (not used anyway) and pin 10 which is the ignition switched 12v supply to the caravan. There is a permanent supply (pin 9.) The odd thing is that number 10 is incorporated into the loom and it is not obvious where the supplementary kit would plug in to feed it.

On mine there is no power going to the fog lamp (pin 2) either. However, I'm sure that is a fault, nothing to do with not having the supplementary kit. Needs sorting out though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts