Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi. I had mine fitted as part of my purchase so not sure of the exact price. However PFJones seem to do a tow bar and electrics

http://www.pfjones.co.uk/
you might phone them.

Mine had some difficulty with the electrics at first. Not sure whether this is because it was a new model or because it had strange electrics. Maybe both. Hope that is some help.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hi yeah, im pricing up at the moment, sg petch will sell you a witter one with the approved wiring and relay syatem for £223 thats delivered to the highlands.
Or if you are in Inverness, Anderson Clark will supply and fit for £375, or from tha dealership it ll be approx £504 fitted.

My dealership tell me that kia buy witter bars then add their name+£250, so your as well going for a witter,but you must use the dedicated wiring system,otherwise if their are ever any issues,with warranty,kia will piont at the wiring on the towbar.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hi All,
Ive been towing quite a bit the last few days and am not 100% happy with the towbar.
For a start, its not a Witter,which is what i was told it would be,it is a Westfalia i think,its a swan neck and does a fair bit of bending and moving around,probably fine,but looks to be adequate for the job,rather than well up for the job,which for £512 i would have rathered the latter.
On the plus side,the 1.6 crdi venga pulls things around with ease and its ability to manouvre easily and smoothly on idle is nice,and the venga s excellent turning circle and also the weight of the vehicle as well,its a nice towing vehicle. It s just a shame im not convinced about this towbar, as i have always had witter fixed flange,i see this one as being a bit of a toy in comparison. I just dont like seeing steel move around like this. Hmm might phone dealership on monday.....see if i get any joy.
James.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Greetings,
Can you tell me if they had to cut out part of the rear bumper in order to fit the towbar please?

And certainly be careful about warranty claims. As I came unstuck on that one for using a spot of glue to go on holiday with a working rear screen washer. Dealer not open on the Sunday that problem occured and was catching ferry next morning.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Wiring needs t be done my a kia dealership otherwise they will get out of any warranty claim concerning electrics.
Thats what i was told.
j a m e s

·
Registered
399 Posts
jamesskye said:
Wiring needs t be done my a kia dealership otherwise they will get out of any warranty claim concerning electrics.
Thats what i was told.
j a m e s

All you need to do is keep all vat receipts concerning fitting and wiring, same rules as getting your car serviced by a vat registered garage.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Im just passing on what my dealership told me,and yes of course they would tell me that.
But just like the servicing,it must be done using kia approved items.
I didnt want to take the chance or give kia any room to wriggle out of a possible warranty issue later on in life,so they supplied and fitted everything.
James.

·
Registered
209 Posts
My dealer was happy to supply a wiring kit at a discounted price & for me to do the wiring said warranty would be OK providing it was a Kia kit which was cheaper than an after market one unless you fit a cheap by-pass relay.
Just got to get the towbar, looking at the witter detachable with flange.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts