Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fitting a tow bar and I am using the dedicated loom. I have to break into the main loom to fine the live wire for the reversing lights and the live wire for the rear fog lamp. Not wanting to prick a hole with my test meter in each wire, (about 30 wires), does anyone know what colours are used? I don’t have access to the Kia “Global Service Way”.
Regards

·
Registered
296 Posts
Don't you have instructions?

I'm getting one for mine from pfjones. Not fiited it yet but the wiring comes with detailed instructions... You can download them for free from their website...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
I ordered a genuine loom from Kia, because i didn't want to invalidate my warranty. It comes with everything you need. You don't need to use loads of scotchlocks. The instructions are like IKEA ones, no words and not particularly good illustrations. To connect into the main loom for the reverse light and fog light connections, it just pictures a test meter probing the wires and reference to the Kia Global Service way, which I presume tells you what wires to cut and join into. Anyway I've given in and it's going into my local dealer to finish the job. Interestingly, on the front of the instruction book it gives a fitting time of only 90 mins!
Anyway thanks for your response.
Regards.

·
Registered
296 Posts
So you didn't look at the instructions? Aftermarket kits don't use a mountain of scotchlocks either, there are only a couple of wires to connect. I'll just solder mine. Most of the signals are pulled from the CAN.
Fog light is yellow. Each to their own I guess but I wouldn't be paying Kia to fit it.

You won't invalidate your warranty by fitting a non Kia towbar. Only faults directly attributable to the bar would be rejected. I've had loads of warranty claims on Kia's with towbars fitted, never been an issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.