Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the minimum temperature that is required before using the touch up paint sticks supplied by Kia? There are no instructions suppliedwith the touch up sticks supplied through a Kia dealer!! There was instructions with the paint suppled for my previous car (RIO) but I no longer have them. I belive the temperature had to be greater than 17Deg C butI am not totally sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
a sunny day or a warm garage is enough (dont know the actual temperature). Just go easy with the touch up tho and use it sparingly. Kia touchup is notorious for being darker than the actual car paint. And make sure you put the lacquer coat on too, not just the colour - it seals the colour paint in.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Talking about touch up, this glove box lid has gained a few marks on it and I have a small mark on the top part of the dash, any suggestions will be gratefully received.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i have seen an aluminium dashboard veneer kit that had a polished strip of alloy on the top edge of the glovebox lid. I doubt you could buy just that peice, but i dont see why you couldnt fashion your own and attach it with 3m tape.

My glovebox has slightly scratched too, it seems softer than the rest of the dashboard. Was gonna try some of that bumper "back to black" stuff..... but dont know if it will recolour the whole lid or just tone down the scratches.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
In the past i have touched up plastic marks with felt tip pen. Maybe an option for the glovebox would be to wrap it in a contrasting material? (thats assuming the lid cover could be separated from the frame/hinges). And a UK owner had a major scratch on the front seat back plastic and repaired this with a heat gun and a marker pen. I suppose any testing to touch marks up could be done in the boot area first - as thats the first place to get damaged.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi Tempest, I have touched it up with the felt tip and it's not to bad but when the dash is caught with something you get a white mark.The glove box is the same colour ar yours and with my daughters handbag which you could pack for a weeks holiday she has marked the surface of the glovebox lid. I am going in to the Kia garage soon to see how they get marks out on the new cars when they first prep them. I do hope that on the latest soul they have made this area a little better.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
If they have improved it on the new ones - ask how much a new glove box lid is?.. and lets us know. I reckon the glovebox lid is a leftover from the earlier easier marked interior plastics. We have the tougher interior or our cars.

The cars with the red dashboard show marks up as yellow apparently. At least a black dash is easier to conceal the mark on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts