Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I picked up my stinger 2.2 yesterday & I'm already looking to upgrade the screen to the 8 inch version myself. I want to know for definite if I need another sat nav head unit as ive been told in the uk facebook group i must also swap it out or the touch screen wont work?
It was my understanding that the nav headunits were the correct type which I already have. I just want to know exactly what I need for the job & where the best place is to buy a screen from as Ebay only has sellers in the USA currently? I will purchase the mount plate from kia dealer if I have to.
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

8" Display screen
Display screen mount
New nav Headunit?

Attachments

Registered
Somebody has definitely upgraded theirs. Cannot remember if it was on here or on the Facebook group. I'm thinking it was possibly the Facebook group as I remember seeing the pictures.

They bought the flush 2019-2020 screen and it was simply plug and play. Unsure how you dissasemble all of the dash though. Unsure if the 2021 widescreen would work as I imagine that would use different software due to the wider screen.

Registered
2017 Stinger GTS in Panthera Metal with Red Leather
Hello, I appear to be one of the few UK people with a 2017 GTS whom switched to the 2018 onwards screen. For me was just a case of replacing the screen and ordering the base plate. I actually still have my old screen and base plate.

From the US when I looked everyone said on their GT which had the 7 inch screen it also needed the head unit which is a much bigger job to physically replace. I remember a video showing without the head unit swap the touch capability did not work. Although screen display was OK.

Registered
Just been checking the Stinger brochure, are you sure it is the 7" screen as it suggests that all UK cars came with the 8". The brochure shows the 2017 round design like my GTS came with. I believe the instrument display was a smaller screen.

Registered
As far as I am aware they are both 8" screens, just the original has the protruding gloss black bezel and the 2019 has the flush bezel but both have the same screen display size

Registered
OK, just to confirm if you have an 8" screen then you can follow my previous post - 2017 to 2019 media screen update

If you have the 7' then according to the US people you need to upgrade the main head unit as well due to the touch screen problem. However, I don't know anyone in the UK whom has done that.

Thanks
Steven

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The problem I've got is finding a display. Nothing on ebay currently. I've phoned scrapyards & nothing. These cars are so rare in the UK.

I appreciate your advice thanks pal.馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm still looking for the flush screen. I cannot find any on ebay. I've tried multiple salvage companies. There must be one for sale somewhere in the 馃嚞馃嚙UK 馃槫馃槄

Not paying Kia 拢1400 for the screen so that is not an option for me.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Referring to the upgraded screen as the flush screen from now on the 8" has two versions.

As you are aware I'm struggling to find a UK flush screen in any salvage yards or Ebay uk. EBay USA does have what looks like the exact same screen but with a different part number & I am more than happy to pay shipping if I know they are compatible?

Uk flush screen p/n 69525-J5410FHV
USA flush screen p/n 96525-J5710FHV

Item number for USA version on ebay 144481308630

If anybody could shine a light on this I would be very grateful as it gives me more options to purchase one? I do have the screen bracket part thats also required for the job already.

Many thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts