Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the TC guys have been given a Kia Cee'd forthe showsnew 'Reasonabley priced car'! I wonder if Kia also offered them the 7 year warranty? Somehow I think not........

·
Registered
328 Posts
oddly enough, the top gear web site review of the cee'd shows that they actually like the car.

when I saw the seed spinning in the wet, it did make me think 'is it that bad in the wet'
I really hope I am wrong.

·
Registered
18 Posts
how many?
i bet they have been given at least 3 of the same car and boy will they need them!

they drive them as they shouldn't be driven in the real world so expect breakdowns but that doesn't mean they are bad cars its the celebrity drivers who are bad and the Stig for driving them beyond the limits of normal motoring

i for one can't wait

·
Registered
328 Posts
It would be nice to know what problems could happen with the car over a cous'e of its life with TopGear.

·
Registered
682 Posts
They will proberly try to get a BBQ in the back and then say the aircon can not cope with the smoke or some other non motoring gimick!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
driveshafts
gearbox's

brakes & more brakes

tyres and wheels

engines

springs

shock's

and that will be the norm i bet

Edited by: soul2

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Of coursethe Cee'dwill be quicker than the last 'reasonably priced car' (RPC) but being a Kia owner Iwould say that.
Buthow much a lap qucker though? Does the Stig ever create a lap time in the RPC? What worries more though is the fate of the Cee'dwhen Clarkson et al have worn it out. The last poor RPC ended up under a demolished factory chimney!
D'oh!

Phil

·
Registered
18 Posts
lets hope it has the Hankook tyres on and not the Nexen Classe Premiere CP661a that apparently gave the first Souls a poor handling experience

the Stig teaches the stars so he will break it

·
Registered
15 Posts
WhereIworked supplied top gear its KIA... We sent 3 of them, we also supplied the last RPC and they got through 11 of them... think the tyres that were fitted were theMichelin energy savers but not 100% on that point... Ifthere'sany major issue's like the above we just send another car, theydon'tpay for them, its good publicity for KIA... I imagine if we didn't send a new car if they had a big problem they would bring up areliabilityissue on the show, = bad press

·
Registered
6 Posts
I read the top gear review of the cee'd and based my decision to buy a car on it. This was a mistake! I have had nothing but trouble with this car since I got it. It's only a year old, and it has broken down twice already. What a pain.

cargo utility trailers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts